Chicago Rehome for Angelfish and others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaiofcanada

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am moving and need to rehome the inhabitants of my current tanks. I am sad to see them go, but I will be in flux for a couple months and moving 1500 miles away. I am seeking Chicago area aquarists to buy/adopt my sweet fishies. I will not ship these fish, so local aquarists who can pick up the big/little guys within the next week.

Please check out my galleries for pictures of some of the angels.

Available:

3 Adolescent Angelfish:
1 Panda Koi Superveiltail ($10)
1 Blushing Koi Superveiltail ($10)
1 Leopard/Black Lace Veiltail ($10)

1 Emerald Cory $2
1 Yoyo Loach $3
1 Clown Pleco (dwarf) $5
1 Rubberlipped Pleco (dwarf) $2
4 otocinclus ($1)

I will also be selling all the plants in my tank so stay tuned for a full list.

Attachments

• blushing.jpg
    blushing.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 77
  • leopardlace.jpg
    leopardlace.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 85
  • panda2.jpg
    panda2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 82
  • yoyo.jpg
    yoyo.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 79
Thats sad that you are moving, if you were closer i would buy like 4 fish from you, but o well. GL with the sale.

Hey ETunes...Thanks :) I am hopeful to find good new homes for them. I am really heartbroken not to keep them, but I fear an unstable tank is worse for them than me not being able to spoil them with mysis shrimp, brine shrimp and bloodworms.

WhiteDevil may be my saving grace in the end :)

No thank you.

the panda and leopard,yo yo and corydora are going in the 210, rest in the 52g.

how large is the platinum koi just for my knowledge, I have two 2-3 month old juve platinum kois in my 52.

Thank you for thinking of me, I might not always be here but I never really disappear lol. I sent you a PM with pick-up detail questions. Id come right now but kids are off school at 3 and we all know you dont go anywhere in chicago in that short of time lol.

The angels are all around the same size...about the size of the bottom of a bottle of beer. Sorry I can not be less boozey about that. Bigger than a 50cent piece for sure. The blushing koi is slightly smaller but not by much.

I bought them all from a breeder at nickle size and they are a year old. They have started to show signs of sexing and sadly recently killed the marble angel tankmate. I can not tell who is most dominant or their sexes. This would have been my first adult angels :/ . Sorry I am going to miss it, but I know you will keep me posted.

Also if you are interested, I have an beautiful piece of Mopani driftwood that you can have. I bought it from Old Town but never put it in a tank. It will need to be treated, but should be clean and ready for aquascaping. You can take a look at it when you pick up the fishies. My gift to you for saving my fishies.

100% sure, mopani is pretty much all I use.

I decided to bring cash and sent a PM with time frame of pick up.

I just rinse them and hit them with compressed air@210psi to knock off loose stuff then put it in the tank.

beer bottle is good form of measurement, we ALL know that size LOL

A++++++ We are very happy with these fish, the panda and leopard were greeted by the 11 others I got and all 13 discus came to the front to peer in the bags while I had them in the tank setting up the drip system for them.

Yay! So happy everyone is getting settled in. Can't wait to see if you get any pairs and to see the new aquascaping :).

I think I am going to rescape on thursday or friday at the latest.
split all the plants apart and got them soaking in alum for the next couple of days.

I split the angels apart like we talked about and the veil koi is in with the platinum koi juve and doing great(cept got a ram thats having SBD right now and isnt looking good...she is refusing to eat her veggies)

Ive already watched the yo-yo consume some of the unwanted MTS that are in the 210 but yeah they are doing absolutely great, they all ate twice today as well so I think they are good to go, I did snap some pics that I will upload as soon as I put my little devils to sleep.

OH the pinoy leopard found the marble leopard I got and are scooting around the tank together, the Panda koi doesnt seem to care for any of the other fish it seems, its been hanging out with the albino rose discus alot today.

I got one tonight, 2nd pic flash reset and they all dove into the wood pile.

avhe95.jpg

They are doing very well, ate fine tonight, yo-yo is rummaging for food along with the emerald.

Plecos are doing just fine, oto's are eating algae off the driftwood since they found it about an hour after they got in. No signs of any stress, you packed them very well and extra thanks for tying the rubber bands like that, I wish every bag would come like that.

I will get pics tomorrow when I get a chance. I am going to take a nice video of this tank as well, I got an 8gb card so i think I am good on getting a nice long video clip.

Sounds like a smooth transition. They were all pretty easy to catch. They have never seen a net coming after them in more than a year so they were a bit clueless as to what was going on. The otos were surprisingly the easiest to catch. That must have been sheer good luck. Hopefully their delicate nature was not challenged and they all make it. The most difficult was the rubberlipped pleco. He is the only one that gave me a challenge and might have gotten stressed.

I bagged them all with alot of love, stresscoat and oxygenated water. I tried to do my best so that they would travel well. :)

I am so happy they have such a great home and caretaker. My mind is at ease that they will be just as loved and spoiled with delicious foods.

yeah they did just fine overnight, they all ate very well, they had frozen hikari bloodworms and some of discusmadness.com's frozen discus beefheart mix. I lost my female bolivian ram last night though, but the other angel, not the panda or pinoy is in with my lone juve angel of the sameish strain, it will not let the little one out of its sight at all, its kinda cute in a way. Oto's cleaned house last night all i got are oto tracks on the back glass(I llet algae grow there for the pleco's and SAE's now oto's). Plecos are doing great, the clown is at the top where I have a floating piece of driftwood he has staked claim where only the SAE's go and sit. I was kinda worried about territories but they worked it out themselves with a little bit of chasing.

The emerald had to be removed from the bag by hand, he enjoyed it I think, he kept looking around while on his way to the 5g bucket for drip acclimation.

How old is the corydora? he is a little bigger then the pygmy's I have but about 3-4x smaller then the corydoras in my 52. He is in the 210 and was munching his tail off in the substrate.

they are all doing just fine. also your angels are not shy about eating from my hand either, I fed my 52 like that last night and she was the first one up to see what I had.

They did fine on the way home, 90mph didnt seem to bother them at all.

How cute about the budding romance for the angels hahahaha

As for the cory...he was an orphan. I have had him for about 6 months. I rescued him from an abandoned tank my friends roommate had. He was rather smallish and not so healthy when I got him. But he has been spoiled every since. He really likes those fish disks I sent with them and bloodworms. Also the yoyo will eat until the point of near explosion on bloodworms Beware!

I kept all fish on a live, frozen, flake, seaweed diet. Live brine shrimp and bloodworms from Oldtown Aquarium three times a week. Frozen brine, mysis, bloodworms, plankton every other day and daily seaweed and shrimp and fish pellets.

The clown loves hiding. He picks a favourite spot every time you rescape and sticks just to that one place. I think they have lovely colouration. One of my fav plecos. He is also less angry/territorial than the rubberlip. He just likes his hiding spot and some wood to munch on.

The angels are good eaters. I do feel like they would be bigger if they had a bigger space. I am curious to see if they will have a growth spurt in their new home. :D

Thanks for the updates. Glad you are having so much fun.

from what ive read the past few days clown plecos are highly territorial and will not leave unless they have a darn good reason to.

the Yo-yo was seen munching on a small MTS that was in the tank around 830 or so last night when I did a lights out check on the tanks(found my female B ram dead). I think I am going to clean my MTS tank spotless and give him a big old fatty one of these nights.

My rubberlips hang out together, its weird and a little disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom