Wanted: crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crays are fully aquatic,they only go on land if the water quality is super bad.[/QUOTE

that's not entirely true. lots of crayfish come on land for extended amounts of time as long as they dont dry out it just depends on the species.

Female crawfish dig holes and pile the mud in a circle around the hole to signify that she's readyto mate. Once done she covers the hole and waits. All done on land. I had crawfish dunes all over my backyard at one point.

really?that must be why my cray wants to climb out of my tank

The ones down here stay smaller, the 12" crayfish is a lobster. Blue crawfish are rare, I've crawfished for years and never seen one outside a lfs.

The ones down here stay smaller, the 12" crayfish is a lobster. Blue crawfish are rare, I've crawfished for years and never seen one outside a lfs.
the blues are a different speceis. there is one true fw lobster,it lives in tasmania,and is endangered. all other fw "lobsters" are actually crays.

Okay we just call those lobsters down here, lol, but they do have blue crayfish that are the same as Louisiana crayfish.

The Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster(crayfish, whatever) only get about 5"-6"... I have one in my tank and I love it. The blue has gotten more intense each time it molts.

But, they are pricey :blink: You can't miss it in the tank though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom