Wanted: crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
need a crayfish for a 20 gallon long ecosytem. will have a great home with both land and a river feature.

Where are you located. I can try and ship you a Louisiana live crawfish. Were doing a crawfish boil later this week at work. I can save a few of em if this is the kind you want. Don't know if they would do well in an aquarium.

This was a pretty large one. They can get decent size. Most are pretty small. Not sure exactly how fast they grow or how big they can get. I just figured if you pay for shipping I could send one your way for free. We buy them live by the pound and they are $2.79 a lb right now so it's not a big deal.

Attachments

• image-3975056928.jpg
    image-3975056928.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 157
Johnny, do you ever see a blue one in there? I'd love to have one or two of those and I've heard every now and then there may be a few in a days catch. I have a 55 gal and if you do find one of those I'll be happy to pay for the shipping. I can send you some baby angelfish in return if you'd like.

There's 2 types of blue crayfish. One gets HUGE. The other is definitely suitable. I can p.m. You a link if you want.

The one's I've had with claws extended forward are about 4 in total length, maybe a little more, but not much. That's the kind I'd want. If you can help me get one please do send p.m.!

oh idc. does anybody know the exact species of crayfish this is (the louisiana ones)?

Last edited:
I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for the blue ones as well. I live in Texas so we just get the regular 30lb sacks of crawfish and I might have seen one blue tinted crawfish in all the years we've been buying them. But I'd love to trade for some more angels if I can come up with one!! I'll be picking up 40-60 lbs of crawfish tonight so we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom