Free: Cryptocoryne wendtii overload

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heck09

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright guys so I have more crypt wendtii than I know what to do with

If there is anyone in the Florida panhandle area that would like to come pick some up for free just send me a pm

I know it's a pretty common plant I just don't want to start throwing the stuff away

And sorry to anyone interested from further out I just don't have the knowledge to ship plants safely

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If I figure out a cheap way to ship them safely I'll send you some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uggh I wish I lived in Tallahassee or Jacksonville now. Whenever there is a ROAK or serious aquarium society groups or anything they are in Jacksonville or the panhandle and not Orlando.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I might be able to send some safely to the Orlando area, I'll research if the plant can do a couple days no light and it shouldn't take ups long to send some down there, it's only a 6 hour drive so I would think one day would do it

But as you can see this ten gallon needs some room bad
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438882587.900018.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438882618.284383.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438882639.753208.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438882660.538053.jpg

Lots of crypt undulata and I think they are green crypt as well

Im just messin with you. Thanks for the offer though.
I honestly have no clue on shipping plants but might learn something here. I know it is obviously done but not sure what is the best way.

Im just messin with you. Thanks for the offer though.
I honestly have no clue on shipping plants but might learn something here. I know it is obviously done but not sure what is the best way.

From what I have read overnight shipping is safe for the most part but it depends on the climate where it's being shipped and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh very cool Ya I can see what you mean. Crypts can go some time with lighting I've shipped some crypts and they came out of 2 day 5.95 usps shipping healthy you just gotta wrap the roots in soaked paper towels and place them in sandwich bags.

Ooh very cool Ya I can see what you mean. Crypts can go some time with lighting I've shipped some crypts and they came out of 2 day 5.95 usps shipping healthy you just gotta wrap the roots in soaked paper towels and place them in sandwich bags.

Well if you want to pm me your info I'll send you some Monday so it doesn't get caught over the weekend I think Orlando should be safe

You can ship no problem. I've had plants survive five days in the dark. Crypts too. Wrap in wet paper towels in ziploc.

You can ship no problem. I've had plants survive five days in the dark. Crypts too. Wrap in wet paper towels in ziploc.

Ive shipped and received plants where they spent several days to a week in a box. Middle of summer and dead of winter.
Crypts are an odd bunch. I've shipped them several states away (2 day USPS <$6) with success. I've also moved them from one tank to another at home and had a complete melt down (the plants, not me).

I've also moved them from one tank to another at home and had a complete melt down (the plants, not me).
:ROFLMAO:
That caught me off-guard. Chuckled for a bit. :lol:

Ive shipped and received plants where they spent several days to a week in a box. Middle of summer and dead of winter.
Crypts are an odd bunch. I've shipped them several states away (2 day USPS <$6) with success. I've also moved them from one tank to another at home and had a complete melt down (the plants, not me).

I had the same thing happen to me first time I split some of the wendtii

They were my first plants and I had a meltdown thinking I ruined them and was never going to try again

I had similar experiences with crypts melting when I moved them from tank to tank, and just bringing them home. Someone shipped me a rare one and I was so worried it would melt but it didn't at all. Actually sent out a couple of babys.

Every time I have had them melt
They came right back

Back
Top Bottom