DIY CO2 Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purrbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
With my recent upgrade to Pressurized CO2, I've got some DIY CO2 supplies that I no longer need.

5 Packets of Red Star Champagne Yeast
Stamped Best By Jan 08
Several batches per Packet @ 1/8tsp

3 Sets of CO2 Caps
1 Pair Standard bottle caps will fit 20oz, 1 Liter, and 2 Liter soda bottles
Drilled and fitted with Formost Bulkhead Fittings (Large)
1 Pair Check Valves
1 T Connector
CO2 (grey) or Neoprene (black) tubing connecting everything

Asking $0.50 per Packet of Yeast or $2.00 for all five, plus shipping.
Asking $7.50 per Cap Set or $21.00 for all three, plus shipping.

Bottles not included so I can get my deposit back and you save on shipping. The Cap Sets with the Neoprene tubing had the tubing and check valves replaced less than a month ago. The remaining cap set is less than 4 months old. Plenty of life in all three before the tubing and check valves would need to be replaced.

Attachments

• diyco2caps_114.jpg
    diyco2caps_114.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 31
BUMP!

Please keep in mind that this is the best yeast you can use for DIY CO2, and a mix with an 1/8 tsp of yeast will often last at least 4 weeks. With MANY batches per packet, it will go quite a LONG ways.

The Foremost Bulkhead Fittings do make the Cap Sets more expensive, but they also make it easier to change out the tubing when needed. If you're going to be using an even larger bottle, it would be very simple to use these. Just drill the appropriate size hole in the new caps, unscrew from the existing caps, screw into the new caps. In a very short period of time you'll have an airtight seal that will LAST. I've been using one set of caps for over a year with absolutely no leaks.

If you're interested in some of the above but think I'm asking too much, please make me an offer. If I feel it's reasonable I may just accept.

Sale Pending on 1 cap set and 2 packets of yeast.

Still 2 cap sets and 3 packets of yeast available. Shipping is going to be very inexpensive since they will fit in a padded envelope for shipping. Under two dollars including the cost of the envelope in most cases.

First Sale Complete. Another sale pending on remaining packets of Yeast.

Still two cap sets available.

All Yeast and one Cap Set sold. Still two Cap Sets remaining.

Price reduced to $6.50 per cap set plus shipping.

I've also got some extra dropper bottles for dosing nanos that are for sale. These are great if you have a nano at work that needs to be dosed with ferts. I bought an entire case and don't need them all. Each bottle is 60ml and extremely easy to refill. I've got at least 6 available (possibly 9), as I haven't decided whether or not I want to keep a few extras on had or not. Asking $1.00 per bottle plus shipping.

Another cap set has been sold and shipped, so I'm down to just one cap set left and the dosing bottles.

Back
Top Bottom