Wanted: Donations??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emi929

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help in expanding while money is tight. I would be so grateful if anyone could spare ANYTHING (freshwater) plants, small fish, food, cultures, old deco or substrate, water conditioner, ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys so much. PM me if you got anything. Thank you!

I totally understand. There are absolutely no jobs here. I'm one of the luckiest people around here to have a steady job, despite the awful pay.

What size tank are you looking to set up. I have a 55g HOB filter that I'm not using. It's brand new, and I really just don't need a HOB right now. I just have the one 55 that I'm using internal filters with.

Move to Canada I get 14 hr working at mc Donalds and our dollar is worth more

But depending on where you live in Canada the cost of living is more expensive. Also people don't always have the means to live somewhere else, let alone another country.

Lol thanks you guys. I'm 15 so I really can't get a job lol. AND I live in Ohio with my mom and dad so Canada is only for my grandma lol. I have a 20 gal. 10gal, and 5 gal, all fresh water. Guppies, mollies, ADF, and the 5 gal is for Squishy my betta lol. It depends on how far you live for pickup. Thank you for responding! I really appreciate it!!

Sounds like you have alot of tanks setup already. Personally I would make do with what you have and later on when money isn't so tight expand. Just stick with necessities for now.

The 10gal. Is my moms and I only have 2 fish :( a guppy and Mollie (ADF also) in the 20gal my mom doesn't pay for my aquarium stuff, I have to pay for all of it. The tank was a birthday gift a few years ago.

I have a marimo moss ball the size of a golf ball if anyone wants to trade for like 1 small fish or a snail. The moss ball really does look beautiful, and you can keep it as a ball or rip it up to keep as a carpet algae. It is very beneficial algae, and it keeps nitrites down. Depending on the offer, I am willing to trade a larger moss ball instead, for a certain fish, or like 5 small snails. ***The marimo balls normally sell for $8-$10 depending on the size. I got mine for $8.50 about 6 months ago and it split by itself into 2 independent ones.

I particularly like snails because my friend and i have a tank at her house with yoyos and clown loaches. They ADORE snails. I don't have enough snails to feed them now, and my friend is on vacation for 3 months (mission trip) and I can't get snails! PEST snails would be an amazing donation! I can do pick up from central Columbus, Dayton/Kettering, Cleveland/Cuyahoga, Powell, Westerville, Worthington, Galena, Polaris, Lewis Center, Delaware county, Franklin county, OR on 27th of Feb. I can do Findlay OH (visiting)

I have to apologize on behalf of all the non-jerks here on AA.

All my spare plants are spoken for at the moment. Otherwise I'd send you some.

Try Craigslist. If you post a wanted ad, someone may feel generous. If your guppies breed, you could sell or trade them. I do ok unloading mine through Craigslist.

I know it's a little ways away, but I'm moving in 3 months. When I'm packing I'll see what kind of random things I've got lying around and I'll see if you're still interested! (I would have to ship it to you. I'll still be in FL.)

I don't think there's anything wrong with the particular things you're looking for. Maybe a whole entire tank addition would be unwise, but I think you're being reasonable.

Good luck!

I have alot of flake food with some decorations, I'm willing to ship some food out if you would like. Some decorations would be a little heavy but I'll ship the food for free. Just PM me a address.

ill send whatever i have (probably some decor and maybe a HOB filter, and some various dry foods for tropicals and bettas) with jenatron's stuff when we move

Hey i live in Ohio too, are there any particular fish your interested in?

Im 16 and live in Tennessee. I just got my first saltwater tank a month ago and bought a mated pair of clowns. I'm breeding them to make money for my hobby.you should look into it. There are several stores here that committed to buying many clowns already. It's a lot of work but also a lot of fun! PM me for details.

Back
Top Bottom