Wanted: Dwarf cichlid pair...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I will be buying form yunite to get a pair of GBRs soon but I'd figured Id post here to see if I can get a better deal. The pair can be any dwarf cichlid. I live in florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You should probably stick with his gbrs, they seem to be one of the few that don't die after a few months.. cheaper is not always better..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah Ive learned that the hard way. I have boughten a bad batch from my LFS. I just figured private fish owners would keep them in better conditions maybe even better than yunite.

Me too, i don't think it's so much the conditions as the lines from which they're bred.. the flashy crazy colored types have been bred that way leaving them weakened and prone to dying for no apparant reason whatsoever.. i tried some wild caught, they are not as flashy but they're still alive months after purchase.. I'm flying out to Florida friday, want me to bring some of my apistos? haha

Haha yeah I wish. There seems to be. Shortage of apistos in Florida.

I'll being them all than! Florida needs apistos. . How hard could it be??

The only guy I know of that kept a steady supplie of apistos in florida was in St. Pete but he closed up shop years ago as did 2 fish guys. I guess it is a bit hard to keep afloat if you don't do a lot of saltwater down there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, there used to be a quite a few private owned shops near me but now there is only two. Both of these shops have both fresh and salt water fish. I've never seen apistos for sale. I've only seen them online and shipping was ridiculous.

I have some multisaciatus shell dwelling chichlids for sale adults a juveniles. sexed adults are $7/each and juveniles are $5/each

Back
Top Bottom