featherfin catfish needs a bigger home!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hbeth82

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My boyfriend has a Synodontis eupterus (aka, featherfin squeaker) that's about 3.5-4" and is starting to seem a bit too big for his 50 gal tank so we're hoping to find him a new, larger home. He's had Mikey for about a year and in that time Mikey hasn't been sick and there haven't been any illnesses in the tank. The only problem is that he's started pestering one of the other fish, a convict / HRP that pesters him throughout the day, but other than that he leaves all of the other fish alone.

Not asking for any money for him, just want to make sure he finds a bigger home. We're in NW Ohio and are willing to drive a little ways but really don't want to deal with mailing Mikey, especially as unpredictable as the temps have been lately. If you want to see some pictures, just let me know.

how big do they get total?

To answer your question, I think they max out around 6-7", so he still has plenty of growing to do. Sorry about not wanting to ship but between the cost and the erratic temp swings we've had lately (50 one day, 80 the next), I'd rather not ship him.

ya there are good catfish and i have plenty of space for him. And I would love him. But here in colorado we have been having those to. So I understand.

Back
Top Bottom