FS:Apple snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My apple snails have laid a couple egg sacks and they are starting to hatch even with them being as tiny as they are there are still to many so I can sell you a egg sack or wait a week or two and give you a almost full sized snail.
I will be reasonable with price tonight I can try to post pics of the parent snails and the baby ones would probably look similar to them.

On the aquarium with the red and black gravel if you look on the sides the yellowish specks are apple snails. They are a little bigger now.

So the big ones are the parents there are more yellow ones and I think the baby ones are from 2 yellow parents instead of 1 yellow and 1 black But you won't know for sure until they get bigger

Won't seem to load well it is a egg sack and about the size of the one on the aquarium to the right

If you grind up some cuttle bone (bird stuff) and sprinkle it in there, your snails shells will look better. :)

This is what my snails shell looks like now. It was terrible when I got her from the pet store.

Really? I didn't know that do they eat it or is it just like a supplement Should I like put 1/4 of the cuttlebone in every week?
Lovly snail by the way

Thanks! :) I love her.

I grind up about 1 tsp a week and just put it in the tank. I am not sure if they eat it or just absorb it. I break it in half and run it under the water for a bit, then beat some of the end off with the end of a wooden or plastic spoon to make it "powdery."
You can also just bury half of the cuttle under your substrate so you don't have all the floaties. :)

Thanks! :) I love her.

I grind up about 1 tsp a week and just put it in the tank. I am not sure if they eat it or just absorb it. I break it in half and run it under the water for a bit, then beat some of the end off with the end of a wooden or plastic spoon to make it "powdery."
You can also just bury half of the cuttle under your substrate so you don't have all the floaties. :)

will all that be safe for fish n live plants?

Have some bad news. One of my snails just died:(
But the good news is that I was looking at one the really tiny apple snails today under my microscope and I think they are all like this but their shell is yellow with blackish dots on it.:grin:
I guess we know it was the yellow and black one who made these guys.
:invasion:

Just got some cuttlebone to snails getting bigger another egg sack hatched to tiny to look at to see if they have a different color. Oh and if anyone is interested just PM me. Think I will ship priority so $6 And we will figure out a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom