FS: Phyllanthus fluitans AKA Red Root Floater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have some ready to ship 8/25. $7 shipped USPS to continental USA. Non CC Paypal please.

It is easier to keep in check and not as invasive as duckweed but it is a fast grower. I haven't gotten any flowers yet and my roots are pink but not red. That is probably just my tank setup.

See plant info here:
Phyllanthus fluitans AKA Red Root Floater

PS - I have some of those little ramshorn type snails in this tank. You "could" get eggs if that concerns you. I will try to pick them off if I see them.

I usually have some of this every 2-3 weeks. I am "Selling" it for $7 shipped. I can usually spare a pretty good portion about enough to cover a 6 inch by 6 inch area or more depending how many people are interested at the time. I am not looking to make money on this. Postage is about $5. The extra $2 is for time and materials and I am sure it isn't covered unless I am making 50 cents an hour ;)

Edit: As of 9/8 I am not ready to ship. Maybe 9/22 or sooner depending on how much it grows. I just gave a bunch to a local guy last week so I am a bit low.

I usually have some of this every 2-3 weeks. I am "Selling" it for $7 shipped. I can usually spare a pretty good portion about enough to cover a 6 inch by 6 inch area or more depending how many people are interested at the time. I am not looking to make money on this. Postage is about $5. The extra $2 is for time and materials and I am sure it isn't covered unless I am making 50 cents an hour ;)

Edit: As of 9/8 I am not ready to ship. Maybe 9/22 or sooner depending on how much it grows. I just gave a bunch to a local guy last week so I am a bit low.

Greenfish - When you have more of this let me know and I will want some! How quickly does it spread? I have it in mind for something, but I don't want it to "choke out" the light on my bottom plants.

Greenfish - When you have more of this let me know and I will want some! How quickly does it spread? I have it in mind for something, but I don't want it to "choke out" the light on my bottom plants.

Sorry for the slow response. I hadn't checked this post. I have some now. It grows pretty fast but it is manageable. I have to pull a bunch out once a month. Light does get through it but is is shaded. I have mine in a 25 gallon high tank with 65 watts of light and Co2. I have crypts, java fern (narrow leaf and regular), flame moss, and a taiwan banana plant in there. They all grow fine. Since it is a high tank I did not want to use HC or some other high light ground cover. If you culled the plant more frequently than I do and had higher light you would probably be ok anyway. Unlike duckweed you can actually eliminate this plant fairly easily if it doesn't work out.

Bump on this thread. I have probably 3 portions. I have one potentially sold already so I at least have 2.

Back
Top Bottom