FS: Shale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowryder

Aquarium Advice Addict
Custom cut shale pieces. Weather you want a pound or a metric ton, seriously.

img_1102992_0_1ae012c17a6cb8f8443d97a514c543a6.jpg

img_1102992_1_a944fe8b08da120370ec5a0fa7a32372.jpg

$2.00 per lb. + shipping.

What is the shipping like on these things to 33936, i mean i know it matters but how does it vary? And how does it look in a tank?

What is the shipping like on these things to 33936, i mean i know it matters but how does it vary? And how does it look in a tank?

I just posted on your other thread. Most people have me put them in a large flat rate box, so $14.50. It hold 30-40lbs of rock.

Here is some in my tank

img_1106803_0_92a32a7558d37cc4a843713dc0f4f511.jpg

lol, hopefully the only aquascaping i can do with is not only stacking a skyscraper. I am definatly gonna order from you but i have to wait for the next paycheck. Can you make not super thin peices? Never messed with shale in a aquarium.

Shibby.

Its good rock, nice color, nice thickness and thinness. Ive got close to 70# of it from jason and getting more again soon.
Its very nice in black substrate aquariums it really POPS.

I gotta roll out my daughters closet with some new gloss white, give me about an hour or so and I will upload my memory card and post a few pics of the shale in the tank.

I am very satisfied with it, it looks darn good in the tank, the fish love it, I cleaned it in rain water and the corydoras blessed it with spawn last night. I got 8 or so pieces in the tank scattered about. I am getting some cichlid rocks in tomorrow or thursday, I am going to glue some of the shale slivers to it for better camo and give em to my dwarfs.

I am possibly going to use some pieces in the 210 as well. Going to make natural bridges and junk

lol, gonna order from you soon. Check comes tommorrow. Were are the pics WhiteDevil.

Ok, I need you to help me out. I'm needing rock to stack, and form a cresent shaped retaining wall which I'll fill in behind with substrate to plant in. I'm looking for pieces that are ~1/2" thick at the biggest point. I'd like them to vary between even thickness and wedge shaped. The wall is going to be 4-5" tall and the front will slope slightly as it goes down toward the substrate floor. The wall is going to be built in a curve in the corner of the tank that will have about a 14" radius from the corner. The thinner I can make the wall the better as it will provide more planting room inside the "shelf" it will form. Also the darker the rock, the better.

So yeah, I need you to provide enough rock to build this with :) If you think this something you can help with awesome. I know its picky, but you've probably seen my other threads around here. I have a pretty specific picture of what I want to achieve. I know if I settle for something different, it will drive me crazy and I wont be happy until its right. If it would help for me to sketch it down and make notes I'll be happy to do that.

A ball pen hammer will get you the edging and shaping you are looking for. I can attest that his shale is 100% natural form, Heck I was chipping it away with my fingers, its layered so you get thick and paper thin pieces.

I tried doing the retaining wall with this rock and it was a bit of a nightmare. It will work the rocks are good rocks but I couldnt get them in the 1-2" wide pieces I needed without them becoming very fragile. Ge-1 holds to an extent but not much since its a semi smooth rock.

Seriously? I can maybe see a hacksaw but that jigsaw will bounce all over and break the blade I think.

I have heard about the jig saw but have not tried it...I will try tomorrow since I have an unlimited supply.

Get your orders in now! I am going for knee surgery next week, so order now! Buy 10lbs and get 5 free!

how many piece can u fit in a Small Flat Rate Box?

i need something flat to lay in my red tank for breeding .. trying to breed up a pair of red belly ...

Back
Top Bottom