For Sale: Green Sinularia leather colony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_X

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a few giant pieces of Green Sinularia Leather that I need to move. It's a very healthy, non-invasive coral with a nice bright green color. Basically, it sort of resembles a Kenya Tree except it has nice color and doesn't spread all over the tank.
Quite resilient and a fast grower. I Can sell pieces as large as 10" x 10", and I can cut smaller pieces. $25.00 for a 10 x 10 colony.
I can ship at your expense....I do not have any heat packs however, so, I don't see live coral making the trip even over night, in this weather without one.
Local pickup is preferred.
img_2760789_0_3686d006c22741915ad31d591f977714.jpg

img_2760789_1_c06aed7e8f4fc34665441c68f958c649.jpg

I would like 10 x 10 colony, but can you ship to scranton pa or how far away are you? Maybe I could drive?

It's a 2 hour drive. That's up to you if you want to make the trip, but if you did, we have 3 aquarium stores in a couple mile radius here. The Hidden Reef, The Fish Factory, and Pet's Plus. If you've ever been to THR, I am about a mile away from there.

I am in florida, any chance you think a a large piece, 10x10 would make it to me? I have really always wanted some just never see it locally. I can pay for heat packs or cool packs if thats needed and its not insanely expensive.....:)

The heat packs aren't expensive, but I'll have to order them from an online vendor. No one carries the long lasting ones here. The best you can get is a 3 or 5 hour one from a sporting goods store. Depending on your location, overnight shipping might be upwards of 40 bucks or more. Let me know how you would like to proceed. BTW, that calculation was using 32738 as your zip code and the USPS online postage calculator.

Are you by chance fragging or selling any other corals or equipment? Just seeing if it makes sense to pay for overnight for just one coral. lol I also have a ups account as well if thats a local carrier for your area. Just another thought. Not sure how they would stack up against usps as far as pricing. And yep, thats my zipcode. :)

I think I will make the trek there next Saturday if that would be good with you. I could just put in the coordinates for the LFS to see what they've got and then hook up with you after that. If it's good for you

Jimbo, yes, that sounds great. I'll pm you my number.

Carey, I don't have very much here since the 300 was sold. The new owner took almost everything. Whatever broke during the move he gave me...so I basically have a bunch of small frags, and these giant leathers.
These came from the tank I maintain. It was overgrown so badly the owner just wanted them gone. I just don't have the room to keep them.
UPS has many hubs near me, but USPS is always cheaper.
I

Mr. X, not sure I'm going to make it tomorrow due to our cold crappy weather. Still not totally sure though, can I call you in the morning and decide then and we'll figure out a time?

Sure. If you don't come I'm going to take them to The Hidden Reef for credit. They said they will charge $100.00 a piece for them ;)

aww I was kinda hoping I could ask you to hold a large one until the weather breaks.....I could throw in a few extra bucks too ;-)

That would be awesome! I can send you some money via paypal whenever. When do you think it will be safe weather wise to send it overnight?
It's been extremely cold down here in florida, in the 40's the last few days...But its expected to get back to the 70's in a few days. maybe a couple weeks? Let me know when you'd want some money sent over, I can send half now maybe half when its ok to send?
Thanks! I am so excited, I have always wanted a large colony of this, if I can even find it locally its only tiny frags and they never look too healthy. lol

I don't want any money now. I'll order some heat packs and ship it out on a warmer week. It's in the teens and single digits at night here lately.

Hey mr. X, I'll take a piece if you've got some left, I'd maybe need to see it to figure frag size in proportion to the available space in my 65. I received a gift card to THR so I've been meaning to head that way soon, let me know if and when this works for you

Thanks x, I'll have to look at next weeks schedule, with several hours of freezing rain in tomorrow's forecast I doubt I'll be going anywhere, but I work third shift so most days are free

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388944660.179017.jpglookin good x, just did water change so polyps are not open fully but a beautiful addition to my reef!thanx. P. S. Wife's still not interested in my stuff. :( lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388944958.023057.jpgbetter pics with day lights but they just came on

Back
Top Bottom