HELP!! 16yr Old Short of cash IN Despair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DALE123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yeah Guys, :)
Im gonna have to ask you guys to lend a helping hand to a fellow fishfriend in a bit of a pickle,
I DID have 2 Betta's- 1 Male HM Red Dragon and 1 - HM, Albino (not White- ALBINO) Female .. I successfully got them to swapm and have about 300 eggs so I was fine :D Until I was told my mum and dad had planned a surprise holiday ... So I had to leave my tank in charge of my sister! I wrote down a list of how to feed them, what the levels of nitrates and ammonia should be etc But disaster struck I came back and
1 my sister had killed all my fish & Fry:(
2 Got angry and lobbed a shoe at my empty tnak and shattered it
So Here I am Tank and Fishless:confused:
Foruntaly I have been promised MY mates tank he not longer wants
So im going to save up for that pair I wanted; But heres the catch 22 Its just a tnak no gravel, no filters, no heaters no nothing
So Im calling out to any of you that have Spare stuff Lieing about
Please Help me

Don't take this as cruel or mean cause it's not meant that way but posting on a new forum for free stuff with your first post might not get very far. Maybe posting your location might help some though.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice too!

Don't you still have the filter and heater and stuff from the other tank? they would still work assuming the heater didnt bust... but the filter should be fine

If you can't provide proper housing for the pair how do you plan to as far as the special feeding and separation of fry? Not trying to sound rude but I think your getting in over your head.

Wow Dale! Sounds like you've had a run of bad luck. It's a good thing that at 16 you'll be able to get a job to support your wonderful hobby. Hopefully you'll quickly get things up and running. A couple of pointers to start, this is aquarium advice after all.
1. Don't throw things at your tank! Glass does and will break
2. Make sure that the folks that you leave your fish in the care of are responsible enough to care for it.
3. Good luck and send us pics when you get things up and running!

If you can't provide proper housing for the pair how do you plan to as far as the special feeding and separation of fry? Not trying to sound rude but I think your getting in over your head.

+1

i know you want to start over and get more fish right away, but if you don't have the funds for equipment, how do you plan on supporting the tank once it's set up? what if something breaks and you have to replace it? what if the fish get sick and you need medication? there are a lot of costs you have to take into consideration, it's not just the start-up cost. you may want to wait until you have some kind of income in order to properly take care of your fish.

All, let's keep the discussion civil. No need for any personal attacks, and let's keep the emotion out of it.

Use craigslist or classifieds as well in your search for job/tank too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Craigslist works great for finding cheap tanks, just make sure that they're leak proof.

Also, make sure to have a plan for care and upkeep funds. You may already have a plan, and that's great.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom