For Sale: High quality bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will be in touch. I will be back here once the temperatures allow me to breed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes please let us know when ready. Would rather wait for a beautiful one from you then a raggedy looking one from pet smart

its getting warmer in boston, you should definitely start spawning =D

Tho if you do start, please becareful. I see alot of hump back and uneven top lines in your line. Make sure you are picking a pair that will correct that deformity and if you have been breeding this since 2012, you should considering outcrossing or they will be too inbred and the frequency of deformities will increase.

Just started following this thread. Beautiful bettas and I'm looking forward to more pics (y)

Thank you for all the interest, information and suggestions. The specimens selected are unrelated, and I am aware of the anatomical variations Aluka mentioned. Please note that these are not considered deformities. They are just outside the International Betta Congress standards for show, which I mentioned I don't follow. My technical culling will be limited to birth defects and unwanted patterns. Since I don't shoot for show, I end up with more than 80% of survival rates.

Male is currently being conditioned, but the temperature indoors is still on mid 60s with heating. keeping waters at 84F can become expensive and the evaporation ratio becomes intense to compensate. Right now the male is in a sealed environment with 100% humidity. Hopefully it will work.

it's not an anatomical variation. it is a genetic deformity, usually resulted from bad line breeding or bad culling practices. If not corrected it will cause more deformities down the line commonly spinal deformities.

I'm just saying this as a fellow bostonian and betta breeder. you may not breed to show, but as a betta breeder you should thrive to improve the line as you go.

Anyways, i have a line of HM multis if you need one to outcross to~

Thank tou for the heads up. If it is not asking too much, when you say "a lot of hum back" or any other issues, do you mind pointing out the fish and let me know exactly where the issue is?

I believe we can, together, put together a nice line for New England enthusiasts.

Yes, I am interested in females. Please share some images here on this thread, if you don't mind. Where are you located?

I'm in boston, we have met before actually LOL... you just don't remember me, lol Sadly not alot of betta people in this city so breeders will stick out.

I have this pair conditioning. if you spawn them this month we'll have fry at the same time lol. i'll probably have females extras, i always have terrible male to female ratios.. like 80 females to 20 males... are my averages... =/

Attachments

• 181.jpg
    181.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 158
  • 188.jpg
    188.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5037[1].jpg
    IMG_5037[1].jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 153
I'm in boston, we have met before actually LOL... you just don't remember me, lol Sadly not alot of betta people in this city so breeders will stick out.

I have this pair conditioning. if you spawn them this month we'll have fry at the same time lol. i'll probably have females extras, i always have terrible male to female ratios.. like 80 females to 20 males... are my averages... =/

That is a nice male up top! How much would you sell for if you get a drop?

Looking good!

Here is my current situation:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426830764.198341.jpg

Struggling to get my guys (on a second option now) to make bubbles. Not really sure if it is water quality or something else. In Florida I would have 1/2 the tank as foam by now.

hmm, shouldn't be the water, all of mine has bubbles, even the ones i'm not conditioning. more food? =D Also some doesn't nest. I had a spawns where the male refuse to build a nest until the female was freed and then when she was freed he destroyed the nest, lol.

He rebuilt the nest after spawning and all the eggs were on the floor.

Keep trying =D good luck!

Do you have a cup set up for the bubble nest? My boy really liked having the cup and built a huge best under it! Put the female pretty close to the cup. Also add just a little bit more water. When they embrace they sink down and they need more room to sink down. I've got little 1 1/2 month old bettas. Would love to buy some from you once yours are ready!

I used the cup in the past. Nowadays I use a heater suckcup to the glass and I drop the IAL on top, making a natural "tent".

I will bring the water level up, good point! Thank you.

They like heavily stained water huh? I use tetra blackwater extract in my apisto tank after wc's, the IAL take a bit to stain and I don't like having it fluctuate in tint to drastically.. anyways.. you could always use that in a pinch to get the water nice and dark for all that baby making??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The water is dark enough, just like I managed to make them breed successfully in Florida.

So far, very small, unsuccessful bubble nests. :(

Back
Top Bottom