how much is it worth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a 35 gallon hex tank with filter and heater and a stand but i have no idea what it is worth. i also have the rocks and plants and stuff for it and i was thinking about listing it in supershopper but i dont want to put it as the highest bidder kind of thing. i am just looking for a ballpark price so any ideas would be great.

I think you could get 60-75 depending on what condition and stand it is. Is it a laminate stand or is it real wood (or perhaps metal I guess).

maybe 75-100... prob is with tanks of any size is that they require pickup or high shipping costs... so when you have a tank that even if it was in a retail store, would cost about $200 or more new you are now limited to a small audience of people that must be willing to purchase your specific setup at a specific time. Some people like to say $1-2 a gallon is a nice price but I find that not to be so for all applications especially smaller ones like yours. It makes large tanks far too cheap and really small tanks too expensive (ie no one will pay $40 for a used 20 long and no one should ask $500 for a used 250g). A hex is a more desirable design in smaller tanks in my opinion so I think a really nice oak stand (not laminate and pressboard) and a clean tank with lighting (although the lighting is most likely worthless to most people) should be able to fetch 75-100 locally but probably closer to $75.

I would go for $80-85 if the stand is as nice as your discribing... $1 a gallon is what I would pay for a smaller used tank.. and the hex is worth a little more..

Back
Top Bottom