Im not sure if i can do this!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I listed Bruce up on E-bay. I dont know if i can add the link here or not so i will leave it out till one of the Mods chimes in. Those of you who know me, know what Bruce is, so it will be easy to find.

Oh wow. Im sorry Lori. I forgot to mention I am buying a house and after careful consideration, i realized that my time is going to be monopolized for the first 3 years. I just wont have the time to take care of my tank, so im going to get out of the hobby for a while. The house I'm buying is a 100 year old colonial that is going to need some TLC. So i dont want to let my fish and corals just die because i cant pay attention to them. I put way too much of myself into it, i would rather someone else give them the love and attention they need.

Also, i forgot to mention that i am drawing up plans for a 180 bow front for my new dining room that i will plumb into my new tank room in my basement :loopy:

Lets not tell the wife! OK? :p

Do you have to sell him?.........Maybe if you don't need the money you can find some "foster" parents to take your stuff and keep him for you until you get the 180 gal ready to go. (Don't tell the wife...LOL) If I didn't live so far I would be happy to help you out.....thats gotta hurt letting something so beautiful go. Good luck Stresco, I hope everything works out for you.

Mike

well, I am sorry to see him go!

but....I am so happy for you that you are getting a house! congrats! 3 years is nothing...after that time, you will be able to climb right back in the boat with the rest of us!

So Stresco, what are you doing with the rest of the livestock? I wish I could just buy a new tank (but my wife would kill me I think) and take (purchase) your prize off your hands for a while and then give him back to you after you are set up. I don't know even if I could take care of him properly, I have only been doing this for just under a year. Don't think I have enough experience to do it correctly. It's a shame, I feel for you. It is such a beautiful specimen for sure, but also scary looking too...LOL

What size tank would he need to live comfortably?

Mike

he is so rare that how would you be able to find a new one to replace him. man i wish i had the room to add him to the tank, maybe i could get my lfs to get him for there show tanks. i am sure they would take him.

Everything is being sold. I offered all of my corals for sale to the reef club i belong to HUDSON VALLEY REEF KEEPERS (www.hvreef.org). You can see my tank on the home page. It won tank of the month last month :cry: . So my place has been like a LFS for the last few days. Whatever they dont want, I will be putting up on E-bay or offering it here. I just dont want the hassle of shipping this stuff, if i dont have to.

What about selling/donating him to a zoo, discovery place, or the large aquarium places like the one in Boston? Then you'd know he'd be taken care of (at least I would think so) and so many people could enjoy his beauty.

There is a pic of bruce right here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=32581&highlight=

The auction ended with no bids and EBAY pulled the listing warning me about my sale. They didnt give me any real reason as to why they pulled it off the site just that it SEEMS as if I was violating their regulations. I think that they were blocking my ability to answer e-mails too. I replied to tons of questions and no-one got any of the responses untill i posted one of the responces on the page. Im thinking that is why i didnt get any bids. :|

Anyway, on a lighter note: Since i did not get any bids, i have decided to keep a FOWLR with just Price, Tyson, and of course BRUCE. According to a collector that i have been in contact with Bruce is actually a girl.

Back
Top Bottom