In need of Macroalgae.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a huge pile of Chaeto a while back that was doing great however I think I overtrimmed my pile that I had. I now have none what little I did have is not growing at all. I am looking for any type of sump Macroalgae for my saltwater tank to help absorb nitrates. I don't want to order just that online the cost is ridiculous and my LFS here closed down. Petco does not supply it. I would be willing to cover the shipping costs I would greatly appreciate any generousity if anybody has any they are planning to get rid of.

I actually have considered putting a deep sand bed in my refugium section of my sump with like 6" deep sand and a planted Macroalgae would be awesome to have.

Well the shipping from VA to WA may stink. I would think that priority mail would be the best way to go. I have tons of macro in my fuge and if you want to cover the shipping cost I will gladly send you some. I'll even box it and put a heat pack with it to keep it from getting too cold.

Let me know.

would getting a small amount of macro, placing it in some aquarium water outside in the sun w/ maybe some wet skimmate from the protien skimmer help it grow out quick to be re planted in fuge?

the only way i have ever lost macro is when it was eaten or i personally dug it out by hand but if you have atleast some runners or peices still green in the tank then they should be growing soon as long as nothing in the main tank is taking those nutrients such as algae.

Back
Top Bottom