Incredible deal! MUST sell 125 Gal setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesR

Aquarium Advice Freak
INCREDIBLE DEAL!!!!!!!!!! I’m moving and need to sell my entire 125 gallon setup. I need to sell it soon, so this is my last attempt to sell it outright, otherwise I may try to sell it off piece by piece. $900 for EVERYTHING……………fish and all if you want them. I live in Charlotte, NC.

Here are the highlights. Lots of other extras to go with the tank (wave timer strip, fan, etc). Serious inquiries can call pm me their number and I can call to give more details and better descriptions.

125 Gallon All Glass tank w/ 2 overflows. Cherry stained Canopy and Stand
About 125 lbs of LR (covered with coraline)

Wet/Dry - sump area contains:
-Protein Skimmer
-UV sterilizer
-Refugium
-Heater
-LR rubble
-Auto Top off system

Fish:
Powder Blue Tang
Naso Tang
Auriga Butterfly
Coral Beauty
1 Pair Clownfish

img_377964_0_e992e79a2eafb44db71e9ba96c69f7c4.jpg

img_377964_1_e1a48af401f339b6b4bac9c2a435a8e8.jpg

img_377964_2_cce3b3dee7d0573e6e4f4a9057410fac.jpg

img_377964_3_73df978f688020eaffb20a56298bc1eb.jpg

Thanks,
Jim

looking to sell the entire setup right now, but if no takers in a week or so, I'll "part it out". If you'd like, PM me what you're interested in and I'll get back to you if i need to part it out.

Thanks,
Jim

Man if shipping wouldn't double the cost, I'd get it in a heartbeat. You should try the local paper if you haven't already.

Time to sell it guys. last call. $600 For EVERYTHING you must pick up. Worth the road trip!!!!!!!!!! I'll also consider selling off the pieces in a few days.

Jim

Thanks for the interest Matt. I'm moving in state. Hoping to find someone that can come by and pick everything up.

Thanks,
Jim

Darn that is pretty much exactly what I was looking for too... Also a great price... not sure about the 9-10hr drive though. I do have a friend in NC but I doubt he could hold that size tank for long. What to do what to do... lol

MattP725-

It really is a sweet deal. I have over $3500 in the setup. I have also added more liverock, so there is about 160 lbs in there now. The tank has tons of coraline on the back glass and its just a really great setup.

I know if's a MAJOR road trip, but let me know if you get crazy and decide to do it, I'll help you out as much as possible.

Thanks for the interest,
Jim

If I could get down there would you be able to home the fish? I don't want to potentially kill them between the long drive and the dif water conditions. I would rather have them in a healthy environment. I will check with my friend that lives in NC and see if he can help me out. I will also check if I can get my fathers van or pickup... unless a 125 can fit in the back of a 2 door saturn... :p . How much longer til you move? I wouldn't be able to get down there for a week or two if I could.

you know...

Some smaller airports will fly you a 10 hour drive pretty quickly for pretty cheap (Smaller plane, but you really dont need a large one for this)

Did a 1 hour trip for $50 once on a small plane, might be reasonable to do something like that.

I did consider that but that is a big risk to take... letting an airport handle a heavy all glass tank, not to mention the bitchign they may do over the live rock. I was looking at enterprise because my dad's truck or van are both large 8cyl vehicles and they eat gas. Enterprise as an unlimited mileage Ford Escape which should be big enough without the rear seats and gets about 20miles a gallon. It would still be $40 for the car plus gas and tolls which I figure would be about $150 or so. I am not sure what my other options are. The best I could do is borrow my friends 6 cyl van but at the most it would save me $20 since it would take more on gas. I was kinda hoping someone would buy the fish and or LR to make it a bit lighter. If anyone wants to get in with me on it and take the fish/LR for about $300 or so that would make it almost a definate. Think about it... 160lbs of LR is worth atleast $400-500 plus shipping. I would take it but I am not going to be using the tank for a year or so. Also the fish would be worth probably another $200. Like I said if anyone else wants to go in with me on this I would be more than happy to do so. Man I am pushing the sale harder than he is.

No no I meant you go with them. Im talking about one of those tour planes.

They wouldnt want to screw with it anyway, so you could have someone help you get it on the plane and someone to help you take it home.

I have no clue how long it would take to get there but $50-100 hour trip it wouldnt be too much more just to fly (minus the waiting time of driving)

I PMed you.

Also I would be willing to transport between NC and NJ so anyone that could meet me on my route (as if 10hrs wasn't enough to travel) I would be willing to hand off the stuff if James if ok with it. You must meet me on my route though as I don't want to wait around any longer than necessary.

Back
Top Bottom