Wanted: Indian Almond Leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Betta in a 3g and I've been told that adding an Indian almond leaf to the top of the tank is really good and homey for the fish so if anybody had any they are selling or want to trade for PM me. Thanks! :)

I have a Betta in a 3g and I've been told that adding an Indian almond leaf to the top of the tank is really good and homey for the fish so if anybody had any they are selling or want to trade for PM me. Thanks! :)

I'm not positive, but have you looked on eBay? I think I saw some pretty cheap on their.

I used the almond leave extract :) although it isn't the same it doesn't release much tannin and is relatively cheap

Black water extract and oak leaf provide the same tannins that IAL does for future reference. You usually have to import IAL from Thailand if you don't want to pay a rediculous amount of money, so oak is the next best thing (just make sure there are no pesticides sprayed in the area of collection)
Black water extract is available at most chain pet stores i get mine from Pet Supplies Plus and only ever use actual IAL for breeding and on my wilds.

Black water extract and oak leaf provide the same tannins that IAL does for future reference. You usually have to import IAL from Thailand if you don't want to pay a rediculous amount of money, so oak is the next best thing (just make sure there are no pesticides sprayed in the area of collection)
Black water extract is available at most chain pet stores i get mine from Pet Supplies Plus and only ever use actual IAL for breeding and on my wilds.

What kind of oaks? I live in Florida and have regular, water and red oak within a block of me house. And do you have to collect them when they are about to fall of like with IAL it best to collect them when they are red or could I just pull a bunch off and dry then myself?

Honestly I'm not sure what kind lol I haven't delved that deep into types of trees. I assume all are okay though. Actually, if I remember correctly, I believe any type of hardwood leaves will work, but that's something you'd want to look into further.
I sometimes just pull leaves off and let them dry out, once they are dried they are okay to use. In the fall when they start falling off I collect a bunch and use them for most of the year, when I run out is when I start pulling leaves from the trees.

Back
Top Bottom