Killifish Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a surplus now, and they won't stop breeding ;) I have them listed up on aquabid.com right now, 24 eggs for $15 shipped. Here is the links...

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?disp&viewseller&Hsherman1986

I have more gulari and walkeri eggs too, if anyone is interested. I might have more ijebu ode eggs, I will have to look.

Moderators: I didn't see anything that said I couldn't post this, so if I am wrong, please let me know.

Hmm.......what type of care do the eggs need in order to hatch?

just let them sit for a month or so, and when they are eyed up and ready to hatch, pour some tank water (about 76* F) over the moss and wait. Anywhere from 2-48 hrs later, you will have a cup full of babies. Feed them microworms or bbs until they can eat finely crushed flakes. My gulari fry are eating crushed flakes at 3 weeks old. The walkeri's and ijebu ode take a little longer to grow up than the gularis, but the ijebu ode develop and are ready to hatch faster. Most of the babies will be ready to breed at 3-6 months (so I have heard...I haven't gotten that far yet ;) I just started this)

I am growing my fry in 1g containers with sponge filters, and plan to upgrade their tank size as they grow.

Most of the eggs I have listed are almost ready to hatch, but I do have some more recent collections that have not developed yet, if there is someone out there that would rather experience the whole development, not just the eggs hatching.

Back
Top Bottom