Wanted: Lights wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take a look here I got one about a month ago and am very happy with it. Timers for each pair of bulbs and a set of leds too. Decent price and shipping was free when I ordered mine.

I have a few Odyssea lights now. They are the ones I'm replacing. I've had 7 ballasts burn out in a little over a years time. The bulbs are JUNK, they go out of spectrum in just a couple months. Don't mean to sound harsh about these lights, but I am very disappointed in them. :banghead: I have better luck with my old T-8's(y)

You will notice your tank looking a different color. Mine started out a whitish/blue with 6700K bulbs, then went to a yellowish/green color. I replaced the bulbs with new 6500K and the tank looked good again.

I have a 24" & 30" coralife HO quad bulb T5 fixtures with led moonlights. Both have 2 each 10K and actinic bulbs. The 30 has maybe 8 months of use on the bulbs and the 24 has 4 months of use. I still have the box for the 24 both work fine. You can message me if interested. Selling because I went with LEDS

I have an old Odyssea fixture too. i think inside of 8 months i ended up replacing the ballasts with new better quality ballasts. It's been working great ever since and that was maybe 7 years ago. Can you do simple electronics work? i can find out what ballasts i got.

I have an old Odyssea fixture too. i think inside of 8 months i ended up replacing the ballasts with new better quality ballasts. It's been working great ever since and that was maybe 7 years ago. Can you do simple electronics work? i can find out what ballasts i got.
Let me know what ballasts you replaced the old ones with. I can do electrical, as long as its simple.:oops:

This is exactly what i put in my fixture. this is not who i ordered it from and i cant remember who it was. I just picked the first site that came up to show you what i had. Shop at your own risk.
They are 1 bulb per ballast and since my fixture is only 2 bulbs i had the room to put them in and it was cheaper to get the 2 ballasts instead of 1 ballast to control 2 bulbs.
I just used some industrial adhesive 2 sided mounting tape i had to stick them in my fixture housing.
i have ordered parts/supplies from here before with out any complaints but they don't have the brand of ballast that i used.
What fixtures do you have? How many bulbs?

I have the 4 bulb (quad) fixture. Mine has the external ballasts(2) with the quick connect fitting. The power cord is interconnected to one end of the ballast, and the other end is connected to the fixture, via the quick connect fitting. I don't think an internal ballast will work, without some rewiring:eek:

T5 Ballast 39W External Electronic Replacement Power Supply F39T5 HO Odyssea

s_1x2.gif

s.gif
FAST 'N FREE - Get it on or before Fri, Apr. 4

Well I hope I have better luck with my ballasts, I figured the bulbs were pretty low grade so already got some others when I ordered the lights. Thanks for the heads up!

It's still really the same thing. they just put them in a box separate from the bulb housing. You would have to open up the external box to change the ballast instead of trying to squeeze them into a fixture with the bulbs. unfortunately you probably wont be able to use the ballasts i did. it looks like you would need to get a 2 bulb ballast instead and find one that will fit into the external box.

I have a 24" & 30" coralife HO quad bulb T5 fixtures with led moonlights. Both have 2 each 10K and actinic bulbs. The 30 has maybe 8 months of use on the bulbs and the 24 has 4 months of use. I still have the box for the 24 both work fine. You can message me if interested. Selling because I went with LEDS
I sent you a PM, but your inbox is full.

Back
Top Bottom