Looking for cheap fish in NORTH TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R4MZY

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

Im looking for a good local shop where I can buy tropical saltwater fish in the north texas area, closer to Lewisville if you know where that is. Im very interested in clown fish, so if you know of a place that has alot of those, that would be helpful.

Petco sells clown fish and have tons in stock right now...... I know it's not the best place to buy from, but think of it as saving a fish :wink:

Petco isnt really that bad of a place to buy SW fish, at least up here. They always have a pretty good selection of common fish, and wont sell you a fish with known problems. I have 2 within like 25miles and they always have a varied selection from store to store.

Ghettopunch187 said:
Petco isnt really that bad of a place to buy SW fish.

Yes... I take that back, I found a Petco down on Preston road that has
a reef geek who works there and they sell some pretty cool corals etc.
and their livestock is very well cared for..... unlike the one on Preston
and the 121!

oops - I can't edit the message... oh well I just wanted to add the the "good" one
is down on Preston and Plano Parkway.... kinda between Plano Parkway and Parker. :D

The owner or ABT is now the manger at the PETCO on 15 and he keep his tanks very clean, and well stocked.. Hope that helps

Try Petland in Lewisville. It is behind Vista Ridge mall in the same strip center as Bed, Bath and Beyond, Babies R Us, etc. It's at the end. They seem to have a pretty good selection and decent prices on some of the stuff.

Boutique Pet Shop, near the intersection of Garland Road and Buckner Boulevard, has an excellent selection of salt-water fish and inverts. Not the cheapest place around but they usually have quality specimens and a fairly knowledgeable staff.

OH! I KNOW I KNOW!

I live in Denton, and there is a place called Fish n Chirps and its off University in Denton. They aren't huge but they are nice. They have more freshwater than salt water but what they do have is very nice.

Also, like someone said- Planet Pet has a nice selection in Bedford off of.. Harwood and Brown? I believe..

Back
Top Bottom