looking for LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

turboTSI

Aquarium Advice Activist
I dont have alot of money but I am looking for some LR basically any size from 1lb to 10lbs lol.. I just need to fill up my tank..

I prolly dont have anything u are interested in .. but I deff would like to buy some.. send me a price with shipping to 49509 (grand rapids, MI)

Dave

Why don't you get some base rock and get another local reffer to put it in his/her tank for 30 to 60 days. Then you will have some live rock, no shipping, and maybe be able to trade something that they may want locally.

well I could get soem LR and put it in my tank.. but I dont want to spend 4.00a lb on it.. this is why I am looking for inexpensive LR or BR.. I dont care Ijust want some nice rock

Dave

If your handle means what I think it does, I'll trade ya your car for as much liverock as I can get my hands on.. :)

Ahh.. ;-(

Okies..

Anyway, BaseRock is a good alternative.. LiveRock here is 5.99 a lb, but they sell the baserock for 1.99 a lb.. Something I don't understand, cause in a few months, it'd be LR anyway.. I'm going to be migrating things to a bigger tank, and may have some LR available in about a month, if your still needing some.

I'll check back after we get our tank setup, and any extra that I have is yours for the picking.

Thanks. ;)

Dave

I dont care Ijust want some nice rock

Dave

Well my suggestion is the cheapest way into lr. All you have to do is find someone willing to place your rock into their sump (or main) for a little while. You will have live rock at a base rock price. Then as you can better afford it get a little lr from liverocks.com so that you have some coraline algae to spread to your other rock.

Just how big is your tank? If all your needing is 10 lbs. then shop around at your lfs for some base rock, be picky, get some very nice rock and then if you can't get someone to place it in their tank, maybe the lfs will place it in thier tank for a small fee.

I would like abotu 30lbs.. thus why I want some for cheep just pieces u guys have u either dont like or could sell or what ever

as for the base rock I have looked into it and as for cost

LR 6-9 a lb
Base 3-6 a lb

I know it can get expensive here thus why I am trying to shop online from other members poss get a better deal

Dave

Shipping would only be 39 bux to your location. They also have a web site, www. hirocks.com, I'm sure they have a 30 lb box for sale but most of the time you get a better price on auction. :mrgreen:

Watch out for the HIRocks.com E-bay auctions. I was bidding (two different occasions) on some BR and the auctions went higher than what you could buy straight from their website.

Watch out for the HIRocks.com E-bay auctions. I was bidding (two different occasions) on some BR and the auctions went higher than what you could buy straight from their website.

True,

But this can also be said of anything on ebay. you just have to watch the bidding and make sure you don't spend over what you can buy it else where for.

tru. You're right, my message sounded like I was bagging on HiRocks, but noted I was not. In fact, their customer service is quite a helpful bunch of people.

Neber thought you were putting them down. As a matter of fact I agree, you have to watch ALL ebay auctions. When price is concerned it's "bidder beware"

Back
Top Bottom