Looking for Macro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidafius

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone here sell macro? I've been combing ebay, but would rather deal with the good people of this fine forum. If you do, could you tell me the price/weight and types of what you will sell? Thanks!

Any particular flavor of macro your looking for?? I really don't have anything right now, but I expect to have to prune the fuge in the next month or so. In my fuge I keep halimeda, and just recently got some chaetomorph (looks liek it is doing really well, might even choke out the halimeda.

I got some I will give you + shipping. I had a bunch but I just gave Timbo2 a lot...

Timbo, you got any ID's on that stuff I got you?

I like the halemeda alot. Does it do a good job on the nutrient absorption, or is it more of a aesthetic algae?

I'm not looking for anything specific. I'm getting ready to convert my 55 into a giant refugium, so all the species I can get. Reds, greens, brushes, blades.....I plan on getting as diverse as I can.

I used the halimeda in the for quite some time, withot any other species of algae and had no nutrient issues, but it is probably not the best because it grows slowly. It also uses CA and will be another CA and ALK demand on your system, although I did not find that an issue either. Next time I prune I'll pm you if I've got any ;)

Fernzpat,

The biggest bunch of Macro you gave me is Caulerpa racemosa, from what I can tell though there are many, many strains and it is hard to ID perfectly. After doing research on the web and reading the books I have, Caulerpa Racemosa, is what I came up with:

Caulerparacemosa.jpg

The Red Wire like algae that you gave me, I have not been able to identify...

The Lettuce looking Red Algae you gave me is Halymenia sp.. I have found that it hates a lot of light and should be placed in the shaded areas...

HalymeniaSp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom