Free: (Nearly) free GSP to a good home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjwcpm

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a healthy appearing, approximately 1/2" young GSP. Unfortunately I have it in a freshwater 10g tank where it will become gradually less happy. I've tried local classifieds including LFS based ones, and haven't been able to find a home.

So now I need to expand the search. Anyone out there that can give this fish a proper brackish home with space? The fish can be had for free. I'd just want actual cost to ship it. Also, if you have experience with shipping fish I might lean on you a bit for advice to package correctly.

Reply post or PM are both good ways to let me know you can help me out. Thanks in advance for anyone who can pitch in here.

- Kevin

Thanks for the reminder HUKIT. I live in eastern Connecticut.

Thanks for the clarification Homedog. As you stated, they can survive early on in FW but will need brackish as they age. They can grow to about 6", so a 15 might be just a bit too tight. I have it in a 10g now and know that's too small. I think the advice you'd see here is along the lines of minimum 20g, bigger if possible. Must be brackish for long health.

It might work by itself. You'd have to keep an eye on how much you put in the tank with it...

got it if and when we do figure this out all i ask for is a pic of the lil guy and also what do they eat ii only have flakes atm

Posts deleted. Guys, chit chat does not belong in Classifieds. The topic of this thread is kjwcpm's green spotted puffer. Please keep it that way.

Wolf,
Puffers have continually growing teeth that must be ground down. Flakes are not sufficient. You will need to feed snails, clams and other fish that will allow the fish to scrape its teeth. Otherwise they teeth will overgrow its mouth. Some keepers need to clip their teeth to keep them from getting too long.

You should be able to get plenty of free (small) snails from any lfs that sells live plants. They tend to over run the tanks and shop keepers are happy to give them away to customers.

I've read up on them a 25 is supposedly the minimum, but a 30 gallon is recommended...for one.

Without scales they're sensitive to amonia and nitrates, and as strict carnivores, they're champion poopers.

Back
Top Bottom