Plant pack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just probing to see how many people would be interested in some plants. Due to cold weather setting in, I'm going to have to invest in some heat packs for shipping. This will add about $3 to the regular shipping price which is usually around $6. Add a dollar to cover my time packing and driving to the post office and that bring us to $10.

Here's the plants that I can offer with fair regularity.
riccia
dwarf sag
hygrophila polysperma
l.repens
rotala rotundifolia

these take a little longer to grow, so you'll have to let me know you want them in advance
C. wendetii bronze
dwarf baby tears (HC)
microsword

I'm also receiving a shipment of dwarf hairgrass, so we'll see how that goes. If I can get at least 5 buyers I'll go ahead and order the heat packs.

You can have as many or as few out of this pack as you want. Unfortunately due to shipping prices it's going to cost the same either way. Post on the thread if you are interested, I tend to delete my PM's every now and then, so it'll be easier for me to keep it straight if it's on a thread

I would be interested in some riccia for my shrimp tank. The small amount I already have barely got 4-5 riccia stones started.

ok, well I just shipped out a BUNCH of riccia, but the stuff grows like weeds in my tank, so there'll probably be a nice matte floating at the top of my tank in a week or two. How much would you need?

ok, well I just shipped out a BUNCH of riccia, but the stuff grows like weeds in my tank, so there'll probably be a nice matte floating at the top of my tank in a week or two. How much would you need?

The only thing I've had grow like weeds in my tank was hornwort:p Think I probably need to cover another ten 3inch pebbles still. Not really sure how much riccia that works out to.

3"x3"? if so that's 90 square inches total...which is roughly equivalent to the batch of riccia I just sent out

ok, well that's two buyers so far. Three more buyers and I'll order my heat packs and be can get the ball rolling.

I also received some Limpholia aromatica, ludwigia brevipes, and rotala rotundafolia 'colorata' today. Don't know how well they will do in my tank, but I may be able to put them up for sale as well

jrp, be careful to split out the Rotala rotundifolia "colorata", or, trust me, you're in for some pain separating it from the regular rotundifolia. I would even suggest pulling all your regular rotundifolia since its so easy to reacquire and "colorata" is so neat. "Colorata" gets this sweet yellow red thing going on thats super unique and pretty.

Awesome thread and great plants!

a good idea. I'll see how well it grows in, and if I like it, I'll putt my regular stuff and maybe put it in my breeder

ok, well that makes 3 buyers so far. If we can find one more I'll go ahead and order those heat packs. I suggest aggressively advertising this thread so I can get your stuff shipped out faster. haha

hey guys, I'm going to go ahead and order the heat packs now. so it shouldn't be too long before I can ship out to you guys. I'll let you know.

-Fishcrazy-your shipment should be ready as soon as the heat packs get here.
-crazyfishlady-my slow growers and my riccia are not yet ready, but I have gobs of everything else. You can wait for a full shipment, or take what I have available when my heat packs come in, up to you
-korith-I'm about 1/4 the way there on putting together your riccia package, it's growing steadily. Would you be interested in anything else? I've got sunset hygro growing like crazy..enough for 10 or 15 people probably. lol

hey guys, I'm going to go ahead and order the heat packs now. so it shouldn't be too long before I can ship out to you guys. I'll let you know.

-Fishcrazy-your shipment should be ready as soon as the heat packs get here.
-crazyfishlady-my slow growers and my riccia are not yet ready, but I have gobs of everything else. You can wait for a full shipment, or take what I have available when my heat packs come in, up to you
-korith-I'm about 1/4 the way there on putting together your riccia package, it's growing steadily. Would you be interested in anything else? I've got sunset hygro growing like crazy..enough for 10 or 15 people probably. lol

Thanks, don't worry I'm patient. I leave on xmas vacation around dec 15th or so. I'll give you an idea of the tanks I currently have, and let you suggest what I can put in them. Still very new to this hobby and learning what I can. Shrimp tank has riccia, java moss, water wisteria, and an amazon sword. It did have a few corkscrew val in it, but the shrimp devoured it. I think its more or less full at this point. Once the riccia comes in I can put the sword elsewhere. The 20g tall, has room for stuff just not sure what would work, as it only has the stock light on it, I put a 15w plant fluorescent in it. Currently has some hornwort (which I get fed up with since it kept overtaking the tank every 2 weeks), java moss, anacharis which has really started growing out nicely. Someone gave me a small bunch of pennywort, which has been floating around for a few days.
Maybe some sort of short plant I can put near the front of the tank to give the ghost shrimp some cover. The new tank is a 20g long, currently cycling and nothing in it. Hoping to get some dwarf rasborara (boraras maculatus) for it and move some red cherry shrimp into it eventually.

I'm open to any suggestions you got.

Thanks again,

unfortunately I don't really have much that would work under stock lighting. You could probably get by with a crypt wendetti. They seem to be spreading fairly slowlyin my tank for some reason though. I do have 2 or 3 small offshoots of it though, I could send you one with your order.

unfortunately I don't really have much that would work under stock lighting. You could probably get by with a crypt wendetti. They seem to be spreading fairly slowly in my tank for some reason though. I do have 2 or 3 small offshoots of it though, I could send you one with your order.

Got a nice deal on a 2 strip light on craigslist for the 20g long. It has 2 24" 20w in it.

24", is this a 15 gallon? either way it sounds like solid medium light, which opens you up to a lot more of my plants. You should be able to grow dwarf sag, rotala rotundifolia, hygrophila polysperma, l. repens, giant bacopa...probably a couple more, but it's late and my brain is tired. lol

Back
Top Bottom