Wanted: Plants for fish stuff TRADE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudraker

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's been a tough year in the old fish room and I need to replace a number of plants and am looking to trade for high quality "fish stuff."

Small clippings/runners okay if they are very healthy.

I need:

Any kind of pink or red repens, Vesuvius swords, kleiner bar sword, dwarf sags, Hygrophila pinnatifida, hc, will consider other types, as I lost about half of my collection. Let me know what you have!

I buy consumables in bulk so have a number of varied items for trade, including but not limited to: Kens earthworm sticks that are fresh, sealed packages, 90% hatch gsl brine shrimp eggs, many REAL medications with good expiration dates from National Fish Pharmacy/Thompson labs, NLS Thera-A small pellets, NSL large fish formula, bulk carbon, too many potential consumables to list here. Just ask, I might have it for trade.

Some fish, fry or even breeding groups, but it's a lousy time for me to ship live fish, so would be looking for an exceptional deal to go to the hassle right now.

Hit me up with your plant list and let me know what you need to make a deal!

I also have some plants that are rocking and healthy: subwassertang, African Water fern.

Nobody? Really?!? I'm seriously willing to trade for just one type of plant or other similar types will be seriously considered.

I wish I had what you wanted. Those plants are all new to me. But I have a low-med light setup. And stop CO2 so, my plants are okay lol. But I just wanted you to know I read your post! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the bump Krissy.

I know HA is tough on planted aquarium lovers, with all the permits and restrictions.

I did score some ludwigia and repens and have a promising possibility on dwarf sags.

;) No problem! I love my plants. And can't stop buying more. I have a problem haha

And Yeah, those plants wouldn't do very well in my tank I would put them in;) I would need better lights.

LOL, me too.

Only I ran out of dough trying to set up a real fish/plant room. Then I have to leave my beloved project due to a family health emergency and lost a few plants I'd had for years. I'm not totally having to start over, but it seems like it.

Question: Does subwassertang have specific light and fert requirements? Is it more difficult to care for than mosses (java, flame, etc)? Sensitive to Excel / Glutaraldehyde?

You know, this is one of the few plants I have that I haven't used Excel on. Frankly, I've never had trouble with this product on anything, though I started making my own with Metricide a long time ago.

Subwassertang.jpg

Ouch, my neck.
Is that an Indian Almond leaf in front of the tank?

Very funny. Usually I'm accused of being a pain in a place a little lower than that!

As for the leaf, it's actually a piece of sycamore that I had pulled out of another tank to throw away before it started rotting, got busy and forgot. When I went to throw it away the next day, it had dried out and looked kind of decorative, so its been laying there for several weeks.

Plants I'm still looking for...

Okay, I scored some of the original plants I was looking for (thanks guys) but am still needing Vesuvius swords, kleiner bar sword, Hygrophila pinnatifida, hc, and definitely looking for Limnophila aromatic; will definitely consider other types. Like I said before, short clippings, small runners, baby plants okay with me.

In addition to most of the foods, carbon and other supplies I mentioned for trade in the original post, I also have very prolific and plentiful narrow leaf java fern, BIG bobilitis (African water fern) and a so-so amount of riccia flutans
(crystal wort)

I also still have these honking resin stumps I'd let go for a large quantity or big size of one of the above mentioned plants, simply because they will be spendy to ship, and I'm trying to reup my plants on a budget.

attachment[1].jpg

attachment[2] (2).jpg

attachment[2].jpg

I got 3 stems of limnophilia aromatica which I think would do better in your tank. I might be able to fit it in a small envelope without getting squashed

Sounds great.

What would you like to trade of for?

I am working double overtime from now till tomorrow afternoon, but will definitely be able to work out details tomorrow afternoon.

#3 looks like broadleaf chain sword. Pale green color but mostly the width of the leaves. I called my broadleaf chain sword dwarf sag for 8 months until someone pointed out the difference

Lol ;) I just saw a pic of sag and thought "yup, definitely some other plant" he he thanks fresh. The other one starts with a K and looks like this kawaegeon or somethin'

Back
Top Bottom