For Sale: Red Cherry Shrimp and plants for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackomen

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tanks are crazy overgrown have to trim back a bit.

75 cents each plus shipping, shipped in a flat rate box w/ a little java moss for them to hang on.

attachment.php

Hornwort: $2 a bunch plus shipping
attachment.php

Java moss: $2 a bunch plus shipping
attachment.php

Attachments

• rcs.jpg
    rcs.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 970
  • hornwort.jpg
    hornwort.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 972
  • javamoss.jpg
    javamoss.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 921
How much is shipping for the java moss and is it snails free? If it's under 20 dollars ill go ahead and order some hopefully is If I have enough in my paypal. Do they need any fertilizer if so will florapride work?

Ok sounds good how much would you suggest I order for a 28g. I've heard it covers your tank within a week or so you don't need much. Also is it snail free? I have $20 dollars in my paypal I can spend on plants.
Shipping is $10. I don't use any fert and it grows nicely.

I have trumpet snails in the tank, so there are chances. Are you just looking for enough to cover the bottom?

Yes i thought thats all you could do with them was cover the floor, what else can you do with them? My tank dimensions are 24/ 15/21 And is there any way to remove the snails from the plant I really don't want any mts. And I don't want to kill my apples and mysterys. Is there some kid of instant soak that'll make them run off the plant or kill them without killing my snails I know they can be good but I just don't want any. Thanks again.
I have trumpet snails in the tank, so there are chances. Are you just looking for enough to cover the bottom?

On my 10 gallon I have two compact florescent twisty bulbs, 26 watts. On my 29 gallon I have two t5 ho bulbs, I think it's 54 watts each so 108 watts. I don't know if you need that much for just java moss, but it grows like crazy with it.

I believe if you soak it in bleach for a few minutes it'll take care of the snails. Just make sure you rinse it with water w/ declor before you put it in your tank.

Last edited:
Ok when after soaking the plant how do I get the snail killing liquid of so It won't kill my snails? Also would that hornwort do good and how much java moss do I need?

Ok when after soaking the plant how do I get the snail killing liquid of so It won't kill my snails? Also would that hornwort do good and how much java moss do I need?

You can just rinse the plants with dechlorinated water and it will be good to go into your tank. What kind of lights do you have? The hornwort is out growing the java moss in my tanks. As for the java moss, just depends on how much you want.

Ok so I should soak the plant in bleach than rinse in in declorinated tap water? I have full daylight spectrum 15w fluorescent strip light. Would Hornwort or java moss grow better in my aquarium, I plan to use florapride fert and I have shallow sand bed, driftwood and 4 large stones.
You can just rinse the plants with dechlorinated water and it will be good to go into your tank. What kind of lights do you have? The hornwort is out growing the java moss in my tanks. As for the java moss, just depends on how much you want.

Either should be fine, and you could either let them float or tie them to your drift wood with fishing line.

Ok thanks, are there any differences in them? Like do bottom feeders like one better than the other or bettas or snails like one better? Is one easier or more suaitable for my tank? Thanks I'm looking to provide cover because I don't have very much so which would provide more cover? I have corys bettas and snails if that matters.
Either should be fine, and you could either let them float or tie them to your drift wood with fishing line.

Ok thanks, are there any differences in them? Like do bottom feeders like one better than the other or bettas or snails like one better? Is one easier or more suaitable for my tank? Thanks I'm looking to provide cover because I don't have very much so which would provide more cover? I have corys bettas and snails if that matters.

The java moss will sit on the bottom of your tank if untethered and the hornwort will float on the top if untethered.

dont bleach kill live plants?

n plus snails not that bad, snails is what keep ur live plant heathly btw ...
snails also keep ur live plant nice green looking. trust me, soon u will be like **** it, i should of have keep all the snails.

Thanks, I have apple and mystery snails already, I just don't want any asexual snails, they can multiply too fast for me to eliminate, and I know you can reduce their number by not overfeeding and manually removing etc, I just don't want to deal with then. All I planned on keeping was java fern and moss, and I plan to get more mystery and or apple snails, I just don't want any small snails especially asexual snails right now, and our local Petco will gladly give them to us for free.
dont bleach kill live plants?

n plus snails not that bad, snails is what keep ur live plant heathly btw ...
snails also keep ur live plant nice green looking. trust me, soon u will be like **** it, i should of have keep all the snails.

ordered doz shrimp and 1 of each plant and just got my plants and shrimp put in my tank. every thing looks great. will prob order from seller again. thanks for the healthy shipment

Back
Top Bottom