Sad days..Moving-Must get rid of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrpope

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everybody, Im moving from Los Angeles to San Francisco and I must get rid of my 60 gal because the dorms only allow a 20 (sucks). Before I put the ad in a paper I wanted to let the great members of aquarium advice look at it first, and, being a member I would give any of you a far greater deal. If you are interested email me at pope1280@hotmail.com and we can talk.

60 gl w/ stand: (only thing Im keeping is the skimmer - aqua c's are awsome)
70lbs Vanuatu Live Rock, 80 lbs sand (definitely live by now!)
Magnum 350 w/ biowheels = 300 gph
2 pumps (via aqua) = 550 gph
light fixture w/ 2-48W florescents (not included in the whole cost - give for free with the tank)
additives, test kit, various extras

If you want live stock:
Volitan Lionfish (4-5") : Really bright markings, solid lines.
Snowflake eel (8-10")
Bi Color angel (4")
Lawnmower Blennie (5")
Queen Conch (this thing is the best thing I have ever seen at cleaning algae off sand)
Assistant urchin
Brittle Star fish
Turbo/other various snails
emerald crab
lots of hermits...and a copepod population that takes all the work out of cleaning my tank!

So thats it...now I get a 20 gal reefer going, I will let you all know how that goes in the future. - Brian

Im really trying to get rid of this as a whole setup. The reason why I cant get my self to piece it out is because I cycled the tank with uncured live rock that was shipped to me directly from Vanuatu. The life that came with it, even on the microscopic level, is priceless. I have never found any nitrate in testing this tank (after the cycle) and I can only attribute this to the various things going on in there that happen in nature as well. I want whoever get this tank to have the same opportunity and ease of care this tank has provide me with or it wouldnt be fair to the little guys in the tank.

Sorry for the run on but I had to get that out there I guess. I could look in to shipping but I couldnt really breakdown the system and sell pieces at a time. But let me know what you are interested in....maybe it could work!

Im transferring to San Francisco State Univ for a BA in business with a concentration in corporate finance. The dorms there only allow 20 gal, and they are firm about that (offered $). Its really a bummer because I put so much work into this tank. But I look forward to a little reef tank, it could be fun. I will miss the big fish though- Ive always been a fan of fish over sessile inverts. Speaking of that, time to read up on coral and etc.

Eh, just get buddy buddy with your RA and have him overlook it. Thats what I did w/ my 50g freshwater tank when I lived in the dorms...

Make sure you get a 1st floor room though just in case.

Yeah, I will post pics on wednesday (evening) when I have the chance to get some good shots (I cant right now because its late and I have no batteries for my digital camera. Sorry about that!)
-B

How muh is it? And when are you moving? I am going to be in the berkely area over the weekend and would be able to get it then, and I am able to go down there every once and a while, so it would be possible for me to meet you in SF.

I cant get pics to upload for some reason. Anyways if you want to see pics email me at pope1280@hotmail.com and I will reply with pics (or post you email here, what ever).
fishstixs05: I am not moving until the middle of July. Im posting it now because betwwen July 1st and when I can move into my new place I will be staying with friends. So I must get rid of it before then. Because the setup is relativly new and how much it cost (including all start up fees-$200 just for water changes during cycling with uncured rock= at least $1500-not maintenance fees just to start up) I want to get $600 for it. If i end up puting it in a local paper or something I will list it for $800+.

Back
Top Bottom