Stingtrays, 180 Gallon Setup, etc... near Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DocBob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I will be moving in the near future, and need to find a new home for my two freshwater stingrays. I have a Motoro female, and a Leopoldi male, each approximately 10” in Diameter. Very fat, healthy and active. Both eat out of your hands. I would like to sell them together if possible. I will sell them both for $300, otherwise the Leo. will be $250, and the Motoro will be $150.

Current other residents who need a good home… 2 Gold Severums, Pike Chichlid, Lima Shovelnose, and Black Ghost Knife. I’m flexible with these. I will be happy to include them with the tank or with the stingrays, or sell them individually.

I will also be selling my 180 gallon complete setup, either with the Stingrays, or after they have found a new home. The tank measures 6ft. x 2ft. x 2ft. and includes a homemade wet/dry filter, Aquaclear 500 filter, 300 watt titanium heater, plus 2-250 watt Ebo-Jager heaters and a 6 stage RO/DI system. The setup includes a solid oak base and canopy, plus lots of extras. I need to think about a fair price for this, but if you’re interested, make an offer. (Keep in mind that I have close to $2000 in this setup).

Please email if interested. I may not have the chance to check the forum regularly, but I always check my email. That address is rafmail@earthlink.net. I can also supply pictures of everything.

I am located about half way between Philly and Baltimore near Oxford, PA just off Route 1. I will consider helping with delivery within a reasonable distance for an additional fee. But I will need some extra muscle for moving the tank!!!

What horrible timing... this is the size I wanted and I am not that far but money is tight right now. Is this tank drilled? Also what make is the tank/stand? The stand looks like the kind from Glasscages.com.

MattP, I won't be moving until well into December at the earliest. I need to close on a house so I could hold it for you if you are interested.

email me and I can give you the particulars...rafmail@earthlink.net

I'm moving from Philly to about three hours west of Denver. That's going to be a two day drive at best. I thought I'd rather find them a good home closer so I don't have to worry about them all the way out.
And I can always start over again...that's part of the fun of having aquariums for me...Growing those little ones into big-un's.
And anyway, everytime I move I get a bigger tank...the next one will be a 240 or 300 gallon!!! :p

It has an overflow, it is not drilled.
I am asking $900 for everything...except the stingrays.
I do have one person coming to look at it this week. I'll post either way.

Note: the brown stingray was sold to me as a Motoro, but I was told by a stingray person the is actually is a "castexi, 'Blume' or 'Flower' ray from Peru and should be worh a little more than a motoro. Price will remain the same though.

And the person never made it out to see the tank so it's still available.

Back
Top Bottom