Free: Tiger oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medic747

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 young tiger oscars that need to be rehomed they will outgrow my tank shortly and have already started showing signs of aggresion towards my firemouth I think there trying to eat him

Is the firemouth smaller than them?

Sometimes these fish will test another fish by jaw strength to see who is the boss. But Oscars will eat anything that fits in their mouth.

How big are the Oscars and what kind of coloring are they? Creme, Black/Red, Red or something else?

Yes he is much smaller and the oscars are a black orange color

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110124_122952.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110124_122952.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 163
Yeah they probably will eat him as soon as they think they can. Sometimes even before they can they'll give it a shot. I just wanted to ask the color to check type. :)

Unfortunately because Oscars are so commonly sold you might have a hard time finding a buyer/taker. Have you tried calling local fish stores to see if they take fish? My local (Tinley Park, IL) takes fish in. Some stores will simply kill the fish rather than re-sell it, but I'd obviously prefer that wasn't your option used. Try calling around a bit.

Back
Top Bottom