Trade some plant cuttings for pond snails...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
I also have an ad up in the WTB section for pond snails, but thought I would also offer to trade some plant cuttings for some pond snails for my dwarf puffers. I have some sunset hygro and what I believe is ambulia. I have lots of both to spare...so if you are interested in trading, please let me know as I have some hungry dwarf puffers....:)....thanks!

HAHAA so i just posted on the other thread that I would LOVE to trade. Anything else besideds the HYGRO? is it asian ambulia? I need some quick growing low-med light stem plants. Trying a low tech 10 gallon let me know.

Jnam...I am sorry about not knowing exactly what genus the plants are....I am bad to just throw the bag with id out after I buy them....I am not sure if it is asian ambulia or not...I would tend to say not because it doesn't get the pinkish/reddish tint to it. As for other plants....I have a pretty large anubias I would be willing to part with and also a pretty large crypt I would be willing to part with. The crypt is beautiful. It is green with the red underside. They might be big for a 10g tank though. Let me know what you think....Thanks. Also, I am more interested in the pond snails. I do have some ramshorn and will take those also, but they really need the pond snails for "beak trimming" from what I have read, and I have almost 0 of those left.

lets trade the ambulia. i have been told the red does not develop unless you limit the nitrates... Apparently the best way to tell the difference is in growth and light requirements...

How do i ship snails? Are they cold hardy its been getting down to about 25 F at night here. I will send you pond snails I have quite a few rather tons of them. I am moving my 55 gallon from one room to another this weekend so would it be ok to gather them and ship them to you on monday of next week?

can you show me a pic of the anubais? I might take you up on that one instead...

Sorry - I didn't get my usual email letting me know I had a reply....here are some pictures. Let me know if you are still interested. And, yes the snails should be sent with a small heat pack if it is getting that cold where you are...It has been quite chilly here as well except for today.....I would be so tickled with TONS of pond snails. I never thought I would say that before I got my puffers. Monday will be fine and I will send the plants as well. I will pm you my address and you can pm me yours as well. Thanks a TON!! Gloria and Little Bit thank you as well!

Attachments

• DSC02935.jpg
    DSC02935.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02936.jpg
    DSC02936.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02937.jpg
    DSC02937.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02938.jpg
    DSC02938.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 62
I have a around 10 smallish and biggish gilled snails, I don't know how to ship snails, or anything since i've never done it before but I got a bunch of them, good sized for dwarf puffers I think. I got a couple pea sized, that rest are smaller.

Thanks Ben, but I have two other members I am trading plants for snails. I will always post again in the future when I want to trade again. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom