Trying to figure out fair price.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christopherkath

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI, I'm trying to figure out a fair price for a 75 gal sw aquarium. Tank, stand, canapy, 1/2 the compact floresent lighting is working ( wiring to fix other side will run $25 + new bulbs) aprox. 75# live rock, 2 power heads, 2 heaters,1 skilter 250, 1 whisper filter, 4 pecula clowns, 1 yellow tang, 1 powder blue tang, 1 coral beauty, 1 flame angel, a few snails and crabs, 1 leather toadstool, 1 brain coral, 1 finger looking coral (forgot what it was called) bucket of salt, test kit, etc.. Its up and running now, healthy. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

To figure what you can reasonably get for a used tank....figure the price of the tank, stand and canopy (new) and cut that in half. You can then add a few hundred for the other stuff. This may not be what the tank is worth, but it is what is reasonable to expect. Most of the equipment and livestock can generally be discounted, simply because their yours, what if the buyer hated PBTs, coral beauty and flames? They may not want to use LR, heck they may want to go FW....The only thing with any concrete value is the tank, stand and canopy, the other stuff is kinda like trying to sell a customized item, that was cutomized for you, not the buyer.

thanks for the help, it may be going up for sale soon so i guess if anyone would be seriously intrested they should let me know. I'm located in central Wisconsin pick up is obviously a must. Thanks again :)

I live near Madison wisconsin. We can talk about it if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom