For Sale: Tunze 6045 Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
I have two Tunze 6045's that I need to sell. They're a bit overpowered for my tank, so I need something a little smaller. These things work great. This model does chatter a bit on startup, but the manufacturer says this is normal as the impeller 'rights itself'. There is one tiny crack on the plastic piece surrounding the magnet outside the tank on one of them. It looks like the previous owner also 'sturdied' up the mounts on the c-bracket with epoxy. These things look pretty much brand new. They need rinsed off, but otherwise in perfect condition. These are not controllable, though I do think they can be put on a timer/wavemaker.

These powerheads pump approximately 1200GPH, but can be modded by removing a plastic lip inside the cover to pump a lot more. Lots of videos on youtube showing you how. Clearly, not something I was interested in doing.

I'm looking to get $70 each (shipped), or $125 shipped for both. New, these cost about $90-100 each, usually plus shipping.

Here's a link to them - Turbelle® Tunze nanostream® 6045 (1,189 US gal./h) - English

Would possibly be interested in trading/ partially trading for two 6025's, MP10, or 700gph Koralias.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom