Wanted: Wanted plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking to get some new plants for my aquariums! I want microsword for sure. I also want to get a plant that stays under 4 inches. I have no clue what the name is, but there is some kind of plant that's low has almost a starshape, and crinkled leaves.. Hard to describe! If you think you know what I'm talking about please comment! Haha! I'm also wanting anubias nana petite. Open to a few plants that get about 1ft tall. Also if anybody has Java moss might be interested! If anybody wants to trade, I have some red ramshorn snails available. I know it's not very specific what I want, but please if you have anything comment! Also the common name with a picture is helpful, because I'm still kinda new to the plants! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone

Also open to plants that get taller than a foot, as long as they handle trimming well!

Sent from my iPhone

Ive got a lot of stuff that would work for you. I have a lot of italian val which grows tall, narrow leaf chain sword (a lot like micro chain sword but imo it looks cooler and carpets better), dwarf sag (low foreground plant), java moss, anubias petite (have a piece of dw covered in it if youd want that), lots of different crypts, an aquarium lilly (good background plant, grows lily pads and sometimes flowers), i also have hygro polysperma, water sprite, duckweed and dwarf water lettuce. Shipping will most likely be $5.50 via a small flat rate package assuming everything would fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I could post pics tommorow (about to go to bed atm) just let me know what you want and how much of it that you want and we can workout prices. If you want pics now just lookup the plants on google.

The plant you were referring to in the first post is Pogostemon helferi or Downoi. I've seen it from time to time in the Topfin gelpacks at PetSmart.

Ok, I'm interested maybe in the dwarf sag, Java moss, Italian Val, and the anubias petite. How big is the driftwood it's on?

Sent from my iPhone

Fresh2o THANK YOU!!!! I have been trying to figure that out forever! Haven't seen it at petsmart, petco, or my LFS... I have been prob 15 times and not seen it anywhere

Sent from my iPhone

I have tissue culture portions of downoi and staurogyne repens. I also have dwarf sag, NL chainsword, microsword, java moss, marimo moss balls, anubias nana petite, anubias nana, anubias nangi, amazon swords, indian red swords, and a few dozen different stem plants.

I have tissue culture portions of downoi and staurogyne repens. I also have dwarf sag, NL chainsword, microsword, java moss, marimo moss balls, anubias nana petite, anubias nana, anubias nangi, amazon swords, indian red swords, and a few dozen different stem plants.

What does the downoi repens look like? I couldn't find the same pictures online.. All varied. What is your cost for dwarf sag, Java moss, moss balls, Amazon swords, and anubias nana petite? Also what's the difference between anubias nangi and anubias nana petite? What are the stem plants you have?

Puckhog, can you post a picture of the anubias petite on the driftwood? Also how large is the driftwood?

Ok so downoi is one plant? I just figured they were both a type of repens..

Downoi is Pogostemon helferi and (to me) looks like the top of a pineapple with crinkly leaves. It will eventually send out runners with new daughter plants. Often used as a carpet but it spreads slowly IMO.
Staurogynes repens (aka star repens) is a stem plant that does well with trimming. If left unchecked it will grow tall. Carpet growth is usually done by trimming and replanting, although side shoots add to the thickness of the carpet.
In the following pic I am using Downoi in the front left and star repens in the middle-right foreground. Both have a nice light green coloration:
WSKbIQs.png

Thank you for the information, really helped! I think I have my list of what I want now and will post it in a little bit :) how big does the downoi get?

Also does the downoi need co2?

Ok the plants I want are:
. Dwarf sag
. Anubias nana petite
. Microsword
. Downoi
. Stargrass

If available at a reasonable cost:
. Java moss
. Amazon sword

If you have these please say so, and give me a cost per what ever amount/ size of plant you have.

Ayi, yes I was! Somebody above told me :)

Back
Top Bottom