Wanted: Wanting lots of stuff!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going to plant a 10 gallon tank I have. I want to get plants. Who has some for sale? Comment what it is, price, and picture :) while making the post wanting some rcs for good price! Also would like drift wood to fit a 10 gallon. If you have any of this stuff for sale comment! Also if you have anything that would be useful for any aquarium or an aquarium it self please comment! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone

Also what do you want the tanks hardscape to look like? I have quite a few pieces of mopani wood that would work in a ten gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm open to any ideas of hard scape! Only done one aquascape before and going to do this tank too. Post pics of the drift wood. And let me try to remember everything. Flora max substrate, no co2 (and doing flourish excel for a little bit until plants are growing and well established), lighting is I believe 30 watts (will check once lights cool down) I think that was it in gunna post then look at everything you asked

Sent from my iPhone

Sounds good. Will get pics up tonite. 30 watts doesnt really say much. Im guessing its a t5 fixture? Some more info on the light would be nice. Heres what i have for plants. Aquarium lily, green crypts, crypt balansae, dwarf sag, anubias nana petite, hygrophila polysperma, crypt lucens and moss balls

Ok it's 30 watts total for sure.. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413574239.046988.jpg idk if that helps..ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413574274.683984.jpg there's the tank

Sent from my iPhone

Can you get pics of everything you have for sale driftwood and plants and anything else?

Sent from my iPhone

Ok cool. Your gonna want to swith the bulbs out on that light for some 6000 to 10000k flourescent bulbs. Walmart has some that ice used before that should work perfect. You will find them in the fish section will post a pic what they look like. Also i would reccomend not getting flourish and getting metricide instead. All flourish is is a mix of gluteraldehyde and distilled water. Metricide has a higher concentration of glut, is a lot cheaper, and twice the strength of flourish. I bought a gallon of it off ebay for 20 bucks. Can give you a link if you would like. Here a pics of dw. The pics are of it in a spare ten gallon i have.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413574712.325262.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413574723.130162.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413574732.733465.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413574742.050649.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413574753.641951.jpg

What watt are they? I want to get the right ones :/ and ok I will look at that stuff. And let me see what other driftwood people have :)

Sent from my iPhone

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413575021.672745.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413575042.600535.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413575051.637740.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413575062.326424.jpg

More dw pics. They are ten watts a piece. This isnt much but will be better than what you have. Your really limited with that fixture. Home depot might have some mini cfls that would fit that but not sure. Just make sure that whatever bulbs you buy have a k rating like what i mentioned above.

I had one of those and it broke.. It was like $10 and I used it for about a week. Took it out because I didn't like how it looked because I has the wired white and the yellow both. Tried to put it back in a few weeks ago and it just flickered...

Sent from my iPhone

good choice with the led. Wouldnt go with aqueon though. Have you heard of finnex? They are probably the most popular led company right now. I have 4 of their leds and theyre awesome. You can get a finnex planted plus for 70 bucks on amazon and that will give you i believe medium light. Someone else will have to confirm that though.

Would definitely be worth it over time though. If you want cheap lighting you could rig up a diy 23 watt cfl fixture. Post a thread on the planted tank section saying your plans. People are really helpful there. Also if your planning on having the tank a long time leds will pay for themselves. I switched my 29 gallon from t5s to the planted plus and am saving 30 bucks a year alone on the bulbs and am now using only 20 watts instead of 60

Ok.. I guess I will spend it! I will post there in a while I'm doing homework..

Sent from my iPhone

If you want to stay on budget, get the 13w or 23w 6700k cfl. Found at hardware stores, look for the narrow type. Should be able to get a pair of bulbs for under $10.
As mentioned above, Glutaraldehyde from Metricide is less expensive and more concentrated than Excel or API BO2 Booster. Look for Metricide 14.
I have a Finnex FugeRay and Finnex Planted+ and they are great fixtures for growing plants.

Back
Top Bottom