Wanted: WTB C. Irrubesco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LdIZzY

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking for anyone that is selling or know where they are selling the retailed red eye puffer fish. Or if anything, any freshwater puffer that stay around Max 6 inches.

I'm willing to sell you my 3.5inch monetrete turgidus puffer for $20 + shipping. That is how much I bought him/her at the LFS.

You will need 20+ gallon tank with no tankmates. This puff is suppose to get 6 inches big, but I don't think this puff will get bigger than 4inches in captivity unless you have a 55+ tank.

Here is a video:

Terrance said:
I'm willing to sell you my 3.5inch monetrete turgidus puffer for $20 + shipping. That is how much I bought him/her at the LFS.

You will need 20+ gallon tank with no tankmates. This puff is suppose to get 6 inches big, but I don't think this puff will get bigger than 4inches in captivity unless you have a 55+ tank.

Here is a video:

If I have a 55gal, can it have tankmates?

Better not to keep tankmates with FW puffers, especially red eyed species. They are suppose to be very aggressive. You run a risk of dead tankmates in the future. I currently have him/her in my 29g tank.

I also tried putting another fish with this turg, but then it stopped eating. I think he/she got stressed. I also looked up other turgidus on youtube. Some of them were extremely aggressive and ate anything coming into their tank. Others were living with other fish for a year or two! They all have different personality. Maybe my turg is shy, but I see more personality coming out of him/her when kept alone.

Then I guess not. I only have a 10 gal and a 55 g community... Goodluck on finding a home for him.

Back
Top Bottom