Wanted: WTB Crystal red shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corbo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I'm looking to buy some low grade crystal reds... Preferably A-S grade. Let me know if you have any you want to get rid of! I'll pay via pay pal

Corbo, I don't think there are too many on here selling right now - I could be wrong, and you might get some responses. In the mean time, I would suggest both eBay and Aquabid.com as 2 potential sources. I have purchased a lot of different species of FW shrimp, including CRS from both places, and always had good results.

Hey fort, I looked on AB for a while and usually the groups were too much, ended up getting a few SS and S shrimp from the shrimp lab. By the way, thanks for the input man... Can't stress how much I really appreciate your advice. Really wish I had as much knowledge as you.

Wow, thanks for that site, hadn't seen it before. Very decent prices as well. Will keep them in mind the next time I am in need of stock.

EDIT: Man they sell eriocaulon as well... I coulda used this about 5 months ago. I paid a fortune to have it shipped from the UK.

Last edited:
Haha no problem fort! Glad I could help you some, because you've helped me a lot. Also check out theshrimptank.com they sell mosura products. Just bought a couple things from him. Pretty excited. Yeah, shrimp lab is awesome, is that erio sweet? I bought a Christmas moss mat from them. Pretty excited to get my stuff.

Erio is a very cool species, but it can be finicky, and it so pricey. I have bought some mosura stuff from the Shrimp Tank, but this other site is way cool too. It looks like they have a different line of food as well.

I bought some of their food, so we will see how that goes... A lot of the reviews on the site say that their shrimp like it more than mosura. Maybe some day I'll try some erio but since it's not friendly on the pocket book I guess I'll pass for now. Accidentally bought some aquasoil Amazonia... Last second I wanted to cancel my order but it was too late. I would use it but my tank is already going with a couple blue pearls and low crs, so the ammonia spike probably wouldn't be so great...

True, it would be difficult to add it to an established tank, especially with CRS. Oh well, time for another build ;).

Fort. Don't tempt me... I'm trying to save money! Not blow it. Although it would be nice to have a bit bigger nano... Oh well, I'll have the aquasoil for some day when I have the extra money. Maybe around Xmas I'll get a better set up going.

Hopefully by the I'll have a couple extra crs to throw in there.

Looks like I know where to get them now. Thanks guys. It looks like for the prices some folks ask for shrimp, they could throw in cocktail sauce.

No joke deckape! But for some reason those little guys have so much allure I just have to pay whatever price to get them... Except I'll pass on like the SSS grade and king kongs and stuff... That's a bit too steep, otherwise the price is not too too terrible.

Corbo said:
No joke deckape! But for some reason those little guys have so much allure I just have to pay whatever price to get them... Except I'll pass on like the SSS grade and king kongs and stuff... That's a bit too steep, otherwise the price is not too too terrible.

You're right. I am gonna find a small tank for cheap and make some money. It can't be that hard to figure out. That's one reason I am testing sponge filters. Thanks for the help.

Breeding CRS is moderately difficult, especially in a small tank.

I agree on the higher grade stuff... I actually prefer S and SS... I like the red! :)

I agree. The S and SS are what I like most... I enjoy the variation, the SSS kinda defeats the purpose of being a crystal RED shrimp. Haha. I hope that I don't have so much trouble breeding them, regardless I'm sure my blue pearls will at least breed. :) I'm going to try using RO water with the mosura products like sea mud and the other additive to put the minerals that the shrimp need in the water.

I got 22 S+ grades for $120 shipped it was 10 for $60 and the guy gave me 2 free from eBay and I got them about 3 months ago and they been breeding but not as much as the red cherry shrimps ,my 22 crs made me 25 young crs but with the rcs I started with 30 and in about 8 months I have over 1000 rcs do the math I think crs are more profitable the crs

You guys can check my videos on yt do a search for nyreps I will be selling soon but I think I want to have about 15000 to 20000k of them before I start selling ,or should be real quick all I need is about 3 more booms.... The more you have to start with the more of a boom.

Hey NYREPs, I've actually checked out your video on your finnex 4g before. I just bought one and hope it take it to college with me and keep CRS, it will be big enough to accommodate them, won't it? Sure I may not get huge herds of babies, but it should be able to induce some breeding in them.

Ok cool yes I remember ,I started with 30 in my 4 gallon and I had about 200-300 in the tank before I moved them to a bigger tank ,so yes your 4 gallon souls be fine just need lots of greens for them to glaze and hide in

Ok cool awesome! Looking forward to getting that thing in the mail then. My tap water sucks so I guess I'll be using RO with some mosura products added for remineralization. Joy! Thanks for the reassurance NYREPS! Glad I bought the finnex now. Hope mine will someday look as good as yours

Did you get the canister filter ? If you did be sure to set the spraybar pointed down because in the middle of the night with no light the shrimp swims by the spraybar and get all freaked out and jump out of the aquarium and so did a few of my neons ,,,yes the only cons on finnex is that there is no cover like the fluvial chi

Actually I got the hob version because I wanted to save space since I'll have this in my dorm room, hopefully it will be fine. They said I couldn't have any fish tanks over the size of a computer screen... Super specific. Haha. So I'm taking my new finnex and hopefully they don't throw a fit. Hopefully I can get away with only dosing excel, because I don't particularly want to do DIY co2 or pay for another paintball set up

Back
Top Bottom