WTB: Vallisneria spiralis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got vallisneria tortifolia... or spiralis, I can't really tell, the two are almost the same. Tortifolia grows much shorter though. Mine has maxed out at about 18" so far. However, I think it could be spiralis; I have to wait and see if the leaves will grow any longer. The old leaves it had were thin and staight-ish when I first got it. After I planted it its new leaves and its runner's leaves are all heavily spiraled and thick. I can get some at my LFS for 99cents a plant and I can charge you for nothing but the shipping costs and reparations. *and taxes from the store.

Attachments

• vt.jpg
    vt.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 110
Ok, is it true it is thicker then vals? Cause they look it. Also i read they do well in med-low to med lighting correct? And what do you mean? You will buy them at the LFS then send them to me?

I'll buy as many clumps as you want and then you just pay me the price of the plants/tax and shipping. I bought 3 plants and within 3 weeks in my T5HO lighted tank I got that.

Ok, well tell me the costs and you might have yourself some buyers.

In the end this is what i want to acomplish in my 75g. But those look thicker.
vallisneria-gigantea.jpg

Those are Valisneria Americana.

Jungle Val | PetSolutions this species and it's cheaper than my lfs'. Until shipping of course haha. Which with 2nd days shipping for say 10 plants is about $24

:confused:

Priority mail flat rate (2-3 days) is WAY cheaper.

Etunes- if you still need those Vals next week. Shoot me a PM. We're going to be getting in a bunch of plants.

I might want some of your seaweed CREPE. So wondering how much would shipping be to windsor colorado?
Thanks

HN1, i will shoot you a PM but i will be gone next week, any way i can reserve some so they dont dissapear? And are they gonna be Valisneria Americana or Vallisneria spiralis

HN1, i will shoot you a PM but i will be gone next week, any way i can reserve some so they dont dissapear? And are they gonna be Valisneria Americana or Vallisneria spiralis

Sure, we'll hold some for you for an extra week. We'll have both so just let me know how many and which to hold. Shipping is always flat rate USPS, in the smallest box they'll fit into. Sm- $5, Md- $11.

even if they dont fit in the small flat rate box you can still get a ton of plants in a box for under 1 pound. over the years there been very few plant orders i got that been over 1 pound. the flat boxes make it easy but not always the cheapest option.

True, but I like to ship with a decent amount of water vs. just wet paper towels. The plants seem to arrive healthier and need less adjustment time. Better to eat a little cost and deliver quality IMO.

The LFS was out of stock when I went today and my vals are sick with some deficiency right now so until I rectify it. It wouldn't be right of me to charge you guys for dying plants.

Back
Top Bottom