10g Build for Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeafsFan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey All,

I am currently getting ready to completely switch over my 10g into a shrimp only tank. I currently have 5 shrimp, bought around the middle of February, but no babies, so I am assuming a few things.

A few questions that I seem to get conflicting info about online that I would like to get a better idea on.

1. Are live plants fine to do in this case. I have Seachem Flourish that says it will not harm shrimp, which is why I bought it. I would like to do live plants in this tank if possible. Current planst are Christmas Moss and Rotala.
2. Can you have a small fish in the tank as well like a platy or Guppy... I have 2 baby platties in the tank currently.
3. Is there something you can do to aid in the molting process. I don't feel they are doing it enough. I had ghost shrimp before and they did it all the time.

I have had success keeping these 5 alive with the current setup. I am thinking bye bye platties as they are disturbing the environment for the shrimp to reproduce.

Thanks ahead for any feedback!

Back
Top Bottom