1st time - Preparing for Shrimp babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acecat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there any special requirements for the babies?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really keep them away from fish and they will grow I like to grind up algae pellets for them

Mine is a community tank. So do I have to move the berried females to a floating hatchery?

Some will survive if you have a lot of hiding places if you move them to holding tank use water from aquarium and put some moss

Be wary of moving berried shrimp. They can discard the eggs if stressed. Better to put prime saddled females in a holding tank with a couple of males. I did this and am now selling the young on.
My other shrimp are in a community tank and enough babies survive to swell the colony, despite the best efforts of my tetras.

My guppy babies have survived so far. So, I'm hoping the baby shrimp will survive too.

Here are my shrimps they hide in the moss

Finally the babies are here. They are really tiny. Thought I was looking at an unusually large Daphnia. Then zoomed up on it with my phones camera. Once I realized what it actually was, it had gone into hiding again. So, couldn't get a snap of it.

Back
Top Bottom