£2000 for one shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are quite spendy but all those dwarf shrimp start out insanely priced like that, I remember when Cherry shrimp cost $200-300 bucks a shrimp.

Yep, King Kong, black tiger w/ orange eyes and red wine shrimp will set you back some $$$$$.

King Kongs are only $60-80 now and OEBT are $10-15 now. Not to bad, almost affordable.

Ha ha ... Almost affordable for the upper class:D. At those prices a pop I'd have to put them on my Christmas list if I wanted 5 king Kong's to start with.

OEBT's at those prices are certainly more doable.(y)

But! I'd be happy with Red Tiger Shrimp! That'll have to be after the holiday's and at the rate my RCS are multiplying, after I whip the 20gal Long out of storage!

It's crazy how much these people can sell up these shrimp. In most cases they are just selective bred variants and they are capitalizing on their newness. This has been done with fish for some time but I've not seen it this extreme.

jcolon said:
Ha ha ... Almost affordable for the upper class:D. At those prices a pop I'd have to put them on my Christmas list if I wanted 5 king Kong's to start with.

OEBT's at those prices are certainly more doable.(y)

That's why you start with cheaper shrimp/fish breed the crud out of them, then sell. Use the money from the sales of the cheaper shrimp/fish to fund the purchase of more expensive shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom