Advice on food for rcs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agwats

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering what types of veggies you feed your cherry shrimp and weather you boil it first or just put it in raw.

I was just wondering what types of veggies you feed your cherry shrimp and weather you boil it first or just put it in raw.
Must boil any veggies you offer to shrimps to remove any pesticides on them. You can feed cucumbers, spinach, zucchini or almost any green foods mostly. But don't offer them only veggies. Give them other branded shrimp foods too so they will have all nutritions.

Use Organic, but also wash your hands fIrst and produce anyway to be safe. I know some aren't as picky about it but I like the safer route.

I primarily use various plant matter based sinking wafers plus the occasional zucchini slice.
I order sample packs from shrimp vendors; nice way to try out a variety of foods.
One thing they go nuts for is flaked fish food. But the high protein content is not supposed to be good for them (not exactly sure what the reason is).

Dennerle made amazing shrimp foods. Best according to my research and used by breeders and serious shrimp keepers. My experience with them is great. I compared there staple shrimp king complete food ingredients with glasgarten shrimp dinner which is staple food too and my thinking is shrimp king complete by Dennerle has more veggie ingredients.

Yes, always boil first. Cleans and kills anything potentially bad. Plus shrimp don't really eat live plants but decaying plants so the boiling helps in that way. I usually do spinach and keep IAL in the tank(not really a vegetable).

Back
Top Bottom