advice on snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got my tank finally changed to sand for my betta, I was given 6 mts babies for his tank but not one has buried, they,re just cruising the tank! Have I done wrong getting babies? Any feedback would be helpful :)

Thanks for the quick reply :) as they,re so small should I move the sand by hand. Thanks

shellyx said:
Thanks for the quick reply :) as they,re so small should I move the sand by hand. Thanks

I'm guessing you're worried about the 'poisinous gas buildup' ? If so, no, don't worry about it. That really doesn't happen. I had my fw tank set up a year or so and had no sand sifting anythings and had no air bubbles that built up. You have nothing to worry about:)

The adults burrow down mostly. The babies will tend to stay above the surface on the sand, glass, plants and even free-float on the surface. After they grow bigger they'll start to burrow.

Zevyn said:
The adults burrow down mostly. The babies will tend to stay above the surface on the sand, glass, plants and even free-float on the surface. After they grow bigger they'll start to burrow.

Back
Top Bottom