Advice on snails!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplicitysarah

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want snails but not sure what kind!! I don't want them to take over

I have a 55gal planted community tank!
Also my lfs doesn't have any snail.. any recommendations online?
thanks!

ForumRunner_20130512_115558.jpg

I have ramshorns and I had 40 different egg patches in 1 week! Each egg patch has about 10 eggs!

Nerite snails can't re produce in freshwater so you'll be fine. You could also do mystery snails (just get one if you don't want babies! ) or rabbit snails :)

Nerite snails can't re produce in freshwater so you'll be fine. You could also do mystery snails (just get one if you don't want babies! ) or rabbit snails :)

awesome! thanks so how many should I get? could I have all different kinds(mystery, rabbit & Nerite) or stick to one kind?

awesome! thanks so how many should I get? could I have all different kinds(mystery, rabbit & Nerite) or stick to one kind?

In my 53 gallon i have three rabbits, nerites, a brotia pagoda and a mystery! And my bettas tank has two mystery snails both boys though lol so it's really up to you :)

I found a package of 5 Nerite on eBay! you think that at will be okay? they look awesome! Zebra,1Zerro ,1 Thorn,1 Tiger and*1 Nerites Snails

I have about 8 mystery snails in my fish tank right now. but it is easy to control the population if you don't overfeed. And even if you do overfeed and they lay eggs, you can simply probably an account because the lay their eggs above water line. my mystery snails do great job algae control and I have three different colors of them.

I found a package of 5 Nerite on eBay! you think that at will be okay? they look awesome! Zebra,1Zerro ,1 Thorn,1 Tiger and*1 Nerites Snails

Go for it! Really like mine, your,s will be cool as they'll be mixed. I always wanted thorn one's :)

I read that they may climb out.. my tank doesn't have a lid? do I need to buy one?

One off mine climbed out once i just put it back in, it's never happened again. You should be fine, if you get them and they go walkies then you could always buy a lid. I know loads of people that manage without one.

Back
Top Bottom