Advice on Yellow Rabbit Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi got myself a rabbit snail yesterday I,ve put him in my betta tank with my Apple snail but my betta isn't to happy about this! Would the snail manage ok in my community tank? Don't want it getting harassed by my other fish. Any advice would be great.

shellyx said:
Hi got myself a rabbit snail yesterday I,ve put him in my betta tank with my Apple snail but my betta isn't to happy about this! Would the snail manage ok in my community tank? Don't want it getting harassed by my other fish. Any advice would be great.

That depends on your community fish. Also don't put him in with plants and visa versa.

advice on yellow rabbit snail

I take it that the snail will eat my plants, I,ve already put him in had to rescue him from my betta seems to be doing ok at the moment but I,ll keep an eye on him. Thanks :)

Rabbit snails have thick shells and a door at the opening they can close. They will typically do well in community tanks. Also, IME these snails will not thrive unless you have pretty hard water and a fairly high pH.

Thanks, I,ve put her in their she went into one of my caves & haven't seen her since! I also have a baby snail from her which has appeared in my betta tank, do you think I should leave it in with my betta until it gets big enough for my community tank? Thanks again

Thanks for the help, think I,ll put it in my community tank with mum there's more hiding places for it. Cheers

They are a harder shelled snail, a lot like MTS..not really edible.

It's definitely too big for my bettas mouth, but he,ll be going in my community tank more hiding spaces & more chance to eat! As my betta eats like a pig! Thanks everyone for your advice.

Sorry but it's not the betta I'm talking about its my baby rabbit snail

Back
Top Bottom