Advise me please about my Shrimps and green neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I bought 6 green neon tetras which are relatively smaller than the normal neon tetras assuming they will be fine with my Shrimps and what I read that they won't harass or pick on adult shrimps.

I put them in my Shrimps tank and they were fine. Not noticing any shrimp. I saw one very tiny shrimp moved but green neons didn't pay attention. However today I woke up and turn on lights and observed tank. I saw one green neon bit one cherry shrimp. I thought maybe a mistake or curiosity by neon. But neon again bit after some time. Then again after like five minute but then I didn't see any nipping again and they arent touching shrimps anymore.

But this made me concerned about keeping them with my Shrimps as I suspect they may nip at shrimps again and specially at night after lights went off.

What you guys suggest that shall I re home them or watch them? So far I didn't see any nipping for hours but I ak now concerned specially after lights will go off. What you say?

Some fish will nip at others if there's something wrong with them. I don't know much about shrimp though. I do know, if there's a sick fish in a tank others will nip at it. Is it just the one shrimp or more. If nipping at random shrimp I'd definitely re-home the neon right back to the store. Or another tank if you want to keep them.

The most important thing is to make sure there's enough cover for the shrimp to hide, grow, and breed. It also helps to make sure the fish are well fed.

When I had a Neocardinia colony in my 55g display I kept them with gourami, rasbora, angels, killifish, guppies, plecos, and a few others. I ended up with an absurd number of shrimp in that tank.

Pic of my Gourami and shrimp sharing food.

8brXjnn.jpg

Some fish will nip at others if there's something wrong with them. I don't know much about shrimp though. I do know, if there's a sick fish in a tank others will nip at it. Is it just the one shrimp or more. If nipping at random shrimp I'd definitely re-home the neon right back to the store. Or another tank if you want to keep them.
Actually it was just one time they nip and didn't again but I re homed all fish to another nano tank.
The most important thing is to make sure there's enough cover for the shrimp to hide, grow, and breed. It also helps to make sure the fish are well fed.

When I had a Neocardinia colony in my 55g display I kept them with gourami, rasbora, angels, killifish, guppies, plecos, and a few others. I ended up with an absurd number of shrimp in that tank.

Pic of my Gourami and shrimp sharing food.

8brXjnn.jpg

Thanks a lot. I have enough space for them to hide. Whole back wall where they hide and fish can't reach there at all and while doing a large water change I saw shrimplets many shrimplets there. This green wall. They go back from below.

https://ibb.co/nCqv5m

However I thought and thought and made it a shrimp only tank. Re homed green neons and chilis to another nano tank.

Back
Top Bottom