Amano Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lynnie3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey

I have an Interpet Aquaverse 160L tank. After a few hiccups the tank has settled. I have several types of tetras 2 bengal loach and 2 plecos also have 12 Amino Shrimp.

Can anyone advise me how long do the shrimp live for do they need a special dietry food and do they breed.

I am so fascinated by the shrimp they are always very busy little chaps.

TIA

Not sure about the actual lifespan but I've had them for at least 2 years.
They will breed but the survival rate is very low because the larvae need to hatch in saltwater (or somewhere between brackish and full marine) with a gradual transition to freshwater and they also need a continuous plankton like diet.

I like Amano shrimp too. Fun to watch. I feed mine every night after all lights off, a few crab bites and a couple of mini algae wafers just to make they get their fair share of food. I see them grab some and drag it away to eat. I have one which is quite large and has been in my tank I'm guessing a couple of years.

My Amanos steal the pellets and small wafers. I have to feed them before I feed the fish. IMG_8669.jpg

Back
Top Bottom