amano shrimp and betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, i have 5 amanos in my big tank and i was wondering if i could put them in my 16gallon with my betta and snails? The reason I want to move them i want to add more rcs, the Amanos aren't too friendly with my cherries. Anybody got any experiences with amanos and bettas together? I know it might not work. Thanks Lesley

your best bet would be to take the betta out, rearrange the decor, put the shrimp in, then put the betta back in. this has worked for all but one of my bettas

your best bet would be to take the betta out, rearrange the decor, put the shrimp in, then put the betta back in. this has worked for all but one of my bettas

I'll give that a go thanks, I'm just hoping he doesn't have an expensive snack!!

I'll give that a go thanks, I'm just hoping he doesn't have an expensive snack!!

have you tried shrimp with him yet? maybe try just one at first. i have amano and ghost shrimp with a couple of my bettas and even my aggressive one pays no attention to them. i think its because they are so natural colored, i personally would never put colorful shrimp with my bettas. amanos and ghost have worked for me

have you tried shrimp with him yet? maybe try just one at first. i have amano and ghost shrimp with a couple of my bettas and even my aggressive one pays no attention to them. i think its because they are so natural colored, i personally would never put colorful shrimp with my bettas. amanos and ghost have worked for me

Not yet, I've only had him for over a week, he's just 5 month old he shares the tank with mystery snails. I'll try putting just the one in I'll make sure it's the biggest! And see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom