Anyone have this happen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Around March 10 I got a shipment of shrimp, they were OEBT/Orange Eye Blue Tigers (FW) and so very tiny, I could barely see most of them.

Up to the 20th I had seen some growth and could at that point see all of them without the aid of a magnifying glass as most of them were tiny specs when I got them..

About two days ago 20th, I was looking at a piece of coral (bleached, the kind for decorating, not a live SW one) which had green algae on it. Observing how much of the algae the shrimp and snails had eaten off of it, when I saw a super tiny OEBT baby, had orange eyes so it wasn't one of my cherries somehow got in there. It was the size of between a comma and a period, a tiny speck.

Today I got to thinking maybe it was an egg got knocked off of a momma shrimp the seller removed from the scoop and the egg came along.

Anyone have this happen before? It is just so tiny I couldn't see it with a naked eye, and it must have been in there for 10 days, none of the shrimp were big enough to have babies, they are just babies themselves.

Of course it is just possible it was so tiny I never saw it. I spent a long time over numerous occasions searching the water for them and think I would have spotted it. The shrimp came with a 2"x3" piece of flat filter pad white and blue, which looks like a kitchen green pad for scrubbing, maybe 3mm thick. I suppose it could have been hiding in that.

Back
Top Bottom